Spent a week at this hotel and first impressions were good, the front of the hotel is well kept and clean the reception area is impressive we found the reception staff to be polite and helpful.
we upgraded to a sea view room which was well worth the extra money, the rooms them self are good, spacious and well cleaned with nice overall feel to them.The pool was a good size but very cold never had a problem getting a sunbed but we are early risers, the snack bar serves some good food and drinks but is a bit pricey.we only stayed B&B and didn't try the main restaurant but the breakfast was fine. overall this is a good hotel for the money its clean well presented and a nice place to stay the best part being its location just a ten minute walk from the beautiful old town with its tiny winding back streets and its plentiful supply of bars and restaurants,the main square and strip are very nice and even have shows but do take a walk through the back streets and other routes where you will find some great bars restaurants and shops, we did go to the strip in the new town but found it very tacky ok if your 21 and just want to get leglass but not much good for anything else my advice is stick to the old town its nice, and have a meal in the old converted fort at the corner of the beach and old town thats a fish restaurant bit pricey but worth it. Overall when you consider this wasn't a very expensive holiday i thought it was very good value for money nice hotel nice place very enjoyable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxury hotel is ideally situated in the tourist centre of Albufeira, just one road from the Fishermen (Pescadores) beach. The lively town centre, which offers a huge variety of shop, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, are within 500 m of the hotel. Faro airport is the nearest and is approximately 35 km away. Built in 1990, this hotel was completely renovated in 2004. There is a total of 310 rooms spread over 7 floors including 73 rooms with view and 24 junior suites suitable for families. Guests are offered a stylish lobby with lifts and a 24-hour reception desk with a safe. It also has a TV and games room, a newspaper stand, a bar and an English pub, a restaurant with a non-smoking area and highchairs for small children. Business guests may book 2 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi internet connection and media devices. Additional services include a laundry service, garage as well as medical assistance. In addition, a car park as well as children's club and playground are on offer to hotel guests. The modern, stylishly furnished rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, there is a pool with a children's pool, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, the hotel features a Health Club with indoor heated pool, a gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Guest may also take advantage of massages and beauty treatments. All meals may be chosen from a wide buffet. At lunch and dinner guests may choose their meals a la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve