When we first arrived at this hotel I was not impressed as the front exterier is not very appealing. But I soon learned not to judge a book by its cover. The rooms are very nice and quite modern and very clean. The staff are helpful however I think they could have been more freindly especially the staff working the reception. One major thing the hotel needs to improve is to provide more information on things to do in the area. The only information they have is about a dolphin show. They do not provide any maps of the area. If you need to book any activities they will tell you to go to the hotel up the street to book your activities which I thought was weird. Some things we did include the dolphin speed boat ride (nice boat ride but didnt see any dolphin's, water park which was great, and shark fishing we did not catch any sharks. Also didnt even touch a fishing rod as they do it all for you which is very disappointing.
The pool area is nice and the breakfasts were very good also they were buffet stile and had a wide variety of hot and cold items). We didnt have dinner at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxury hotel is ideally situated in the tourist centre of Albufeira, just one road from the Fishermen (Pescadores) beach. The lively town centre, which offers a huge variety of shop, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, are within 500 m of the hotel. Faro airport is the nearest and is approximately 35 km away. Built in 1990, this hotel was completely renovated in 2004. There is a total of 310 rooms spread over 7 floors including 73 rooms with view and 24 junior suites suitable for families. Guests are offered a stylish lobby with lifts and a 24-hour reception desk with a safe. It also has a TV and games room, a newspaper stand, a bar and an English pub, a restaurant with a non-smoking area and highchairs for small children. Business guests may book 2 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi internet connection and media devices. Additional services include a laundry service, garage as well as medical assistance. In addition, a car park as well as children's club and playground are on offer to hotel guests. The modern, stylishly furnished rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, there is a pool with a children's pool, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, the hotel features a Health Club with indoor heated pool, a gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Guest may also take advantage of massages and beauty treatments. All meals may be chosen from a wide buffet. At lunch and dinner guests may choose their meals a la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve