A really nice hotel which has an imaginative modern design. All the staff were polite, helpful and friendly. Everywhere is very clean, including the rooms and public areas. The hotel is in a quiet part of Albufeira but close to amenities.We walked to the old town and to the Marina. Most evenings we ate at local restaurants and there are plenty of choices to suit all tastes and prices.
The breakfast at the hotel has a good choice of both continental and cooked items and was plentiful. We were able to serve ourselves without queues and all was topped up as needed. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis but did eat in the hotel restaurant on one evening. We ate from the a la carte menu which we found to have good choices and although a little more expensive than the restaurants in the resort the quality and presentation of the food was far superior and we felt represented good value for money.
The rooms are comfortable and include the air conditioning, a mini bar which we felt was reasonably priced, a safe and a spacious bathroom. We had booked a superior room with a balcony and side sea view. The view was lovely and I felt was worth paying the extra as I would not have liked a room at the front of the hotel which looked on to apartments opposite and cars parked below. If you like a hotel with lots of entertainment and a 'bar scene' this is not the hotel for you as it is a quiet and relaxing place. We found sunbeds available at any time of the day but as we visited in October this may not be the case in high season. Having said that the hotel seemed pretty full at the time of our visit.
If I were to criticise it would be that there is no mirror over the dressing table and the sockets are too far away from a mirror making hair styling with a heated brush or straighteners difficult! Also the pool bar prices are expensive. These are minor points though and would not stop me from recommending this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Proudly rising over the Bicos Beach, the Hotel has views over the city of Albufeira, the seaside cliffs until Vilamoura and the hypnotizing blue of the Atlantic Ocean. Standing on an unique location, the Aqua Pedra dos Bicos hotel is 300 meters away from the most famous bar and nightlife area of Albufeira and a stroll away from supermarkets, restaurants and touristic information offices. The proximity of the Bicos Beach - 180 meters away with direct access from the Hotel - the Santa Eulalia and Oura beaches, along with the Hotel's modern design and its inspiring views to the Ocean complete this unique hotel in the heart of the Algarve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pedra Dos Bicos Albufeira
- Aqua Pedra Dos Bicos Hotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve