“Excellent restaurant. Well worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Casa Da Fonte
Rue joao de Deus, Albufeira, Portugal
Improve this listing
Ranked #84 of 573 restaurants in Albufeira
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Albufeira, Portugal
“Excellent restaurant. Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I visited here when we managed to offload the kids with the inlaws for the evening. The food, ambience, service, welcome were all excellent. One slight crib was that I was seated underneath a patio heater so the back of my baldy head got a bit warm!

The food, though: outstanding. I had butterfly clams followed by giant prawns and my wife had garlic prawns followed by a chicken kebab. The seafood was exquisite and the kebab was pretty good too.

Visit Casa Da Fonte.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
  • Polish first
Ayr, United Kingdom
“A fine dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have just returned from a short break in the Algarve and ate at this fine restaurant whilst there. It was recommended to us by two elderly ex-pats whom we met elsewhere and we were not disappointed. The setting is excellent, in the old town, and the atmosphere ideal. We did not find it expensive, indeed compared to other places we have eaten it was fairly priced. There is a selction of tables with benches and tables with seats, we were glad that we had the seats. My wife and I had a mixed kebab which was plentiful and enjoyable, although our friend was slightly disappointed with his piri piri chicken which was slightly hard on the outside. The wine was local and of good quality and a complimentary glass of port finished our meal of in splendid style.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Average food in lovely setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us so nought we'd give it a go, on arriving we were given choice of either sitting by log fire or in the covered terrace, both areas are lovely and the restaurant had a really nice feel to it. Menu very limited and pricier than other places, I chose the fish kebab while hubby had chicken steak. Both meals took about 20-25mins to arrive which is fine as it showed that food was freshly cooked but we were only ones in restaurant so would dread to thin how long the wait would be if it were busy. My fish kebab looked better than it tasted, fish was nicely cooked but bit watery why makes me think it was frozen prior to be cooked, hubby said his food was ok. All in all setting is really nice, would happily sit here all evening before taking a stroll trough tunnel Onto beach, but food is only average for the cost.

Visited March 2013
Bath
“Reasonable food bit overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had the fish kebabs served on a skewer hanging over a plate of potatoes and vegetables ( choice of vegetables or salad offered) - very dramatic looking!! the cod, salmon and king prawns were very tasty having been charcoal grilled. My husband chose the grouper steak which was okay tasting but a bit on the small side and disappointing having paid similar price and had much nicer fish the night before. We had to wait quite a long time for the food , over 20 minutes I reckon, the restaurant was not busy, only three other tables occupied and despite being able to see the chef, and the grill area, chef seemed to be standing around not doing anything, so no idea why the wait.......we had bread to nibble on with a few olives and had almost finished the wine by the time food arrived. We had the house wine which cost 13.50 Euros bit pricey and the following night we had the same elsewhere and it cost us 10 Euros. So all in all, okay food and ambiance but can get much better elsewhere......

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great hanging kebabs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went here on my partner's birthday, following a recommendation from some local people.

The evening was cool, so we ate inside in the dining room, which had a rustic feel to it. The starters came almost immediately after the bread & sardine pate, which was a shame - 10 minutes between would have been better.

Although I've learned since that it's not an original presentation style, we'd never seen kebabs served on a skewer hanging over the plate before - so were very impressed with the drama of it! My fish kebab (cod, salmon and king prawns) was excellently cooked, and the small potatoes it came with were very tasty. If I'm honest, my partner enjoyed his meat kebab, but was more excited planning how to make the hanging skewer (which was attached to the plate trivet) when we got home!

We had 3 drinks each, then coffee - one with baileys and the other with white port - and the bill came to 80 euros. It was quite expensive, but OK for a special treat.

• Visited March 2013