“Perfect for long weekend away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Solaqua Apartments

and 1 more site!
You added Solaqua Apartments to your Saves list
Solaqua Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Rua Do Mediterraneo, Albufeira 8200-156, Portugal   |
Ranked #22 of 101 Specialty Lodging in Albufeira
“Perfect for long weekend away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011 via mobile

Although ryanair are nothing to do with this hotel wanted to mention that flight out was really bad service but brilliant coming home.

Stayed all inclusive for 4 nights
Arrived at solaqua on Thursday eve and was greated by pleasant receptionist who offered us dinner before check in, we declined as wanted to explore.
Rooms were huge very clean and suited 4 girls and their luggage brill, only bad thing was only 2 chairs an no table on balcony, rooms were cleaned daily an towels changed daily, very good!!
very close only 5 euros to old town and the strip an that included a tip.
Can recommend libertos and grease bar on the strip and bravos (for the best steak EVER!!) and the rock cafe in the old town! Excellent service!
Small thing about food on all inclusive is it's very repetitive, however ok for long weekend and we ate out in the evenings twice. Good times for meals and snacks another thing you can't get snacks or drinks till 2pm on all inclusive but you can buy if wanted, we filled up water bottles for drinking by the pool at breakfast so didn't bother us.
Pool area was ok, a little wind tho and brollys get blown everywhere, not so clean either around the pool by loungers but the actual pool was good, there was kids play area and kids pool to. Music played by pool during day to which was good although repetitive cd but staff changed when requested.
Evening entertainment-- we watched the bird show on the Saturday but didn't stay in any other Eves so didn't know if anything else on.

As it's end of season everything is slowing down but we found it really chilled and it was a lovely time to go!

Overall I would defo go back to solaqua pleasant an friendly and didn't expect alot cos of reviews written previous but we all thought it was a great base and it was cheap so you get what you pay for!

Brilliant holiday!!

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Ballina, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Very happy with this hotel. stayed there for 5 nightsn with my wife and two kids. Only issue we had was that the pool area was not well maintained. Vey few parasols. Most of them were broken. Pool area could be tidier.
Overall the stay was very good. Hotel rooms were clean.
Very good locartion.
quiet but close to everyrthing.
will definatly go back

Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

You will not actually stay at Solaqua unless you are VERY lucky, or you arrive VERY early. Myself and my partner arrived at 2pm on Sunday 25th September 2011, not late by anyone's standards only to be told by the rudest lady I have ever come across that there was not a room available.

On reading many, many reviews where this same issue have occured I can see that Solaqua are constant in placing the blame on whichever travel operator you have booked with, furthermore she was adamant that I have already been informed of the issue, however if that was the case why would I have arranged for my transfer to drop me off at Solaqua!?. There must be something seriously wrong with their booking systems.

If you are thinking of booking this hotel, don't waste your time, you may as well book with one of the various hotels that they will send you to anyway. In our case Alagomar!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE! Overbooking is a constant problem, and sets your holiday off with a severe distas...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
North West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stayed here mid Sept for a 10 day stay, and I had booked 2 apartments for 4 + a baby.
Even though I booked way back at start of May, and had asked for pool view rooms, the rooms we were given were not only 2 floors apart, but one was facing the road and other apartment block, ours was in the basement level facing a large wall with large fence on top.
When I went to complain, the nightporter ( we checked in at 10pm) said that it was nothing to do with him and we had to speck to someone in morning, I went to desk in morning and was offer another room facing the road, which we took, was unhappy as had booked 4 and 1/2 months before, but was better than the basement.
Now the rooms were of a good size, clean and had clean towels put in each morning.
The service was ok, but they could be a bit nicer, the pool was good size to suit all there, but had very little to keep kids entertained, and there were little parasols to shade from the sun.
Over all I was happy with the apartments, other than the room on 1st night, only 15 mins walk to Oldtown or the Strip, so good and central.
I would return to Solaqua, but I would be sure to arrive early as the rooms are on a first come first basis.

Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My wife & I,along with our 1 yr old Daughter stayed here during September. Based on other reviews, we were worried that we would turn up at the hotel & subsequently be moved to another place with the 'overbooking scam' they have going on. I e-mailed the hotel 10 days before we arrived confirming the dates of stay & also advising that we had a 1 yr old travelling with us. I got no response from the hotel but luckily for us, our check-in went smoothly but there was a stag party checking in after us who were shipped off to a nother hotel after being told that there was no room at the Solaqua.

We did not go all-inclusive based on the previous reviews & this proved to be a good decision. There are plenty of cafes/restaurants near this hotel to allow you to get something to eat. The pool bar/restaurant is ok for a snack during the day but we never got any major meal from the place, just a drink or something small.

The hotel is very near a huge supermarket where you can buy absolutely anything & is situated about 15 min walk from both the Old Town & the New Town.

The hotel itself is very clean with towels changed everyday but i do agree with other reviews about the pool,in that it is not the cleanest place you will ever see! I would only stay here again if the hotel sorted out it's booking 'scam' system. It is no way to treat customers who have no clue if their booking will actually be honoured!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Worth the dollars. Nice place, nice people and the prices are usually fair. Centrally located to the shopping mall and Modelo (supermarket), as well as some internet cafes, McDonalds (not for me), etc. Easy walk everywhere.

Stayed all over Albufeira, will go back here.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money on a 1 bedroom vs a studio
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

stayed in a one bedroom apartment which is very spacious, flat screen tv, double balcony, airconditioning.Rooms were cleaned every day and towels changed. I would recommend them if you are looking for room only as the kitchen utensils seem very sparce. It suited our needs as we always eat out. Booked through alpha rooms had requested a pool view, which we got. I was cautious after reading previous reviews about no available rooms but i found the staff pleasant enough. no problems with sunbeds etc but we stayed towards end of season i.e 16th sept for a week. apts are about a 15 min walk to the old town/Fishermans beach. 20 minute walk to montechoro/praia d'oura. I have stayed in numerous apartments in albufeira and would be in my top 4.

Room Tip: request a pool view as front apartments are facing onto the road.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Solaqua Apartments? Share your experiences!