Wonderful accomodation and hospitality at this delightful hotel located within walled town of Evora.An old medieval building run by the same family for many centuries.I spent two days there and got a real good feel for the relaxed atmosphere and beauty of the place.I had a fantastic luck to meet the owner, a charismatic man speaking fluently three or four languages.The polyglote staff was extremely friendly .
The room was simple but very clean, excellent price for the location.The bathroom was very modern, well equipped.Breakfast was good;I enjoyed it on a terrace with a splendid view.I could not get the wireless internet from my room but I could from the sitting room next to the lobby or on the outside terrace.
Very interesting decoration;I loved the paintings and fado music in the background.Everything was perfect.I hope to stay again one day in this place.It was impossible to see megalithic area.European Championship destroyed my plans, the trip was cancelled.
Finally, a hotel with a good signage, lugging suitcases through the town is not a pleasure.
- Also Known As:
- Pensao Residencial Policarpo Hotel
- Pensao Residencial Policarpo Évora
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PENSÃO Residencial POLICARPO occupies a building dating from the end of the 16th century, which was in earlier times the manor house of the Counts of Lousã.This noble house has an imposing principal façade which faces south, and thus offers an impressive panorama over the Alentejan plain.On the other side, the house opens on to a small patio, giving direct access to the reception.A very visible architectural feature is the fact that the house bestrides the ancient Roman wall.These elements, together with the fact that the Counts of Lousã’s manor house has provided hotel accommodation for over 70 years under the direction and management of the POLICARPO family, who has always emphasized a familiar ambiance and conviviality, based on the authenticity of this special place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Pensao Residencial Policarpo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.