My girl friend and I stayed at the Albargaria do Calvario for 2 nights at the end of September and had a wonderful time. The hotel is a converted Olive Mill and shows lots of character and style with a super sunny courtyard to enjoy their VERY good breakfast or a welcome cold beer later in the day!
Peter and his staff were very professional, but still very friendly and offered us great options for dining and touring. Michelle in particular was first class and one of her “day trip” recommendations resulted in us finding the fabulous walled town of Monseraz. Evora is also a walled town and the hotel is situated just inside the city walls. There are many great attractions within the town itself and all very "walkable" from the Hotel and with so many dining options, you won’t go wrong in this beatiful part of Portugal.
With underground parking (although you don't need a car while you are here) and big comfortable rooms the hotel is extremely well run but still manages to keep a friendly face which is great in this “faceless” day and age.
We had a great time here and would love to return and in fact Peter took the time and mapped out a 1 week itinerary for us should we return…………………. so I guess we’ll have to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergaria do Calvario is ideally located within the beautiful city walls of Evora. On the site of a 16th-century olive oil mill, the gated entry leads to a beautiful courtyard creating a centerpiece for the surrounding lobby, guest rooms, and common areas. This unique 4-star hotel provides modern luxury and contemporary styling while preserving its connection to the past and the unique identity of Evora. Each of the 22 guest rooms, including four suites, offer wireless Internet, a flat screen television, and heating and air conditioning. Every room is designed for restful comfort with superior beds, high quality linens, and a pillow menu. Beautiful marble, modern fixtures, and all glass enclosures create a thoroughly modern bath experience. Albergaria do Calvario is very well known for its exceptional all-inclusive breakfast featuring fresh, organic, and locally-grown products in abundant supply. Order from a full bar and a hand-selected menu of homemade tapas that may be enjoyed indoors or in the open courtyard. Twenty-four hours a day no request is too small or unique. Every staff member is eager to arrange services such as; tours and activities, dining reservations, and room service—all included with each stay. Laundry, ironing, and dry cleaning are also available at reasonable rates. A list of non-published services is also available and designed to help the traveler discover the best of local and regional experiences.All of the attractions of Evora are within short walking distance on sidewalks and charming cobblestone streets. Highlights within the city walls include the Se Cathedral and hidden gems like the Igreja dos Loios. Featured day trips include nearby wineries, cork oaks, historic cities, and tours of prehistoric megalithic sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Albergaria do Calvario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergaria Do Calvario Évora
- Albergaria Do Calvario Hotel Évora