“Very Very Good!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Evora, Portugal
“Very Very Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

For me this is one of the best restaurants in Évora! They have a tradicional/typical menu from Alentejo with a huge variety of starters, main courses and deserts. And also - very important - a really nice choice of wines with some of the best wines from the region! Regarding the ambience it's very welcoming and with a friendly service! you will not regreat for sure!

• Visited November 2012

Candor, NY
“A very pleasant meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The service is welcoming, the food was delicious.
My companion had salmon garnished with peppers and onions, and spinach puree with pineapple, and judged the unusual combinations very successful.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Renton, Washington, United States
“Incredible restaurant for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I passed the sign for this restaurant a couple of times while walking around the city and I decided to try it for dinner. I am very glad I did. This fantastic whole in the wall is a must for any visit to Evora. The food is reasonably priced and you will like the prices even more once you start eating. The food is fantastic. They were out of my original order, they ran out at lunch so you know the food is received fresh almost daily. The owner suggested another dish and I am glad I trusted him. The Iberian pork with asparagus minge (I think) and it was delectable. For dessert I ordered the waiter's favorite house made dessert and ordered a glass of 10 year old port. The dessert was very good. The real treat was there were only to glasses of port left in the bottle, I paid for the first one, but the owner wanted to finish off the bottle and gave me the second glass for free. Needless to say the wine was delicious. And the best part, I got all of this (and a beer to start the meal) for less than 30 euros. The service, food, port, atmosphere, everything really, was awesome. The best meal I have had in Portugal during my 2 week visit.

• Visited September 2012
Dilbeek
“Overpriced entries”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Very nice iberico meat, nice wine and friendly service. All prices seemed reasonable until we got the bill... The entradas that we were automatically served costed as much as our main course. (one of the items was 19 euro) Even if the prices are stated in the menu, experience learned us that these starters are never expensive in Alentejo, so the feeling of being tricked ruined our evening.

When you put starters on the table with a total cost that exceeds everything in else in the menu, you break a rule of reason, especially without warning. If we had refused the starters, the evening would have been splendid. Too bad.

Padua, Italy
“Excellent place for Alentejan food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We got to O Trovador by chance, looking for a place to eat in the afternoon of August 15. The place is very nice, it perfectly fits the middle ages flavor of the town. It seems to be run in a familiar way, but very efficiently. The owner was very helpful in giving us suggestions on local food and wine, and stopped several times at our table to verify everything was ok and to discuss with us about the dishes. I had one of the best grilled pork in my life, the meat cut form the famous pata negra pig was literally melting in my mouth. They were also very kind with us when we asked to take the (empty) bottle of wine away with us (we collect wine labels ...), they washed and wrapped in paper the bottle for us! Price is perfectly adequate to quality.

• Visited August 2012