We just happened upon this Pousada while we were travelling by car . The expense was not in our budget, but we decided that sleeping in a castle with such a rich history could not be passed up!
We even went up to the top of the tower at midnight in case any of the residents who lost their lives there showed up! Allw e saw were the brilliant stars and the warm breeze blowing over portugal.
The staff were very good, polite and friendly to help with anything. Breakfast which was included was an excellent buffet. The town was fun to walk around and explore little side streets and little cafes eveywhere were a pleasure, even with our limited portuguese, smiles go a long way!
A place not to miss!
- Also Known As:
- Pousada De Estremoz - Rainha Santa Isabel Hotel Estremoz
- Pousada De Estremoz - Rainha Santa Isabel Hotel
- Pousada De Estremoz
- Pousada De Hotel Estremoz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a castle originally built for the queen in the 13th century, this luxury hotel features antique furniture and art. Guests can enjoy gourmet food and wine in the castle’s grand dining hall. The rooms in Pousada de Estremoz have a classic look, several still maintaining characteristics of the 18th century. Guests can enjoy a swim in the Pousada’s large pool, or take a stroll in the private palace gardens with clear views of city of Estremoz and the vast Alentejo plain. The restaurant serves upscale cuisine that combines traditional Portuguese cooking with contemporary elements. Guests of the Pousada can also explore Estremoz on foot and visit its weekly market on Saturday mornings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Olotels, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Pousada de Estremoz - Rainha Santa Isabel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.