This was our first time to Portugal and our first time in a Pousada, and it did not disappoint. We attempted to find the hotel using our GPS, but the coordinates that were set for it did not coincide with its actual location. Once we checked the confirmation, we found it with no difficulty once we followed the signs for the castillo. We splurged for a superior room and loved the view from our elongated windows overlooking the pool terrace and the quiet surrondings of town and the region. One evening had fog roll into the town and blanket the region, which added to the ambiance and sense of mystique. Though the hallways on the second floor had a slightly musty, carpet freshener smell, our room itself was impeccably clean with furnishings that oozed character. The hotel staff were courteous and attentive when we posed questions to them, and called one of the nearby adegas (Seis Reis) for us to arrange our own private wine tour one afternoon. It is well worth to climb the tower steps for a superlative view of the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pousada of Estremoz is situated in a privileged place, as is the Castle Estremoz. It is an authentic museum which has a range of antic furniture, wall tapestries, iron decorative pieces and porcelain from other times. D. Dinis ordered the construction of this building for his wife the queen Santa Isabel, which has given its name to the Pousada. Placed in the old city, this was the stage of battles, love and treason. This luxury hotel in Estremoz offers from its gardens and pool, a magnificent panoramic view of Estremoz and the Alentejo plain. Guests can enjoy a glass of regional wine in the castle's spacious dining room or enjoy a game of pool in the Pousada de Estremoz' games room. Nearby activities include fishing, guided countryside treks and bicycle rides. The Pousada de Estremoz has free local parking, at 1.2 Km from the Estremoz railway station and 17.3 Km from the Evora Monte Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Pousada de Estremoz - Rainha Santa Isabel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada De Estremoz - Rainha Santa Isabel Hotel Estremoz
- Pousada De Hotel Estremoz