“Bland food, good location, slow service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 29 Restaurants in Akbuk
Cuisines: Turkish, International
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Bland food, good location, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Food was very boring, seems to have been created for british people, which would still be fine if the food was nice.
Prices were average, service very slow although friendly

Wouldn't bother visiting again

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Edinburgh
“Nice location shame about trying to rip you off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

After a pleasant stroll along the harbour front we happened across the Liman Bar. We needed to access our e mails awaiting an important message. Having confirmed that they had free Wi fi we sat down for a drink.

We ordered a beer and a wine. On heading to the toilet asked for the bill and handed over a 50 lira bill. On returning to my seat was given my change which seemed short. Bill should have been 15 lira but instead charged us 19 lira, over an extra pound on a £4 bill.

When I asked clarification I was given a menacing look and aggressively challenged by the more senior bar person/manager. I should point there was around 3/4 males sitting around him at the time undeterred I calmly explained the prices and then showed him the menu with the prices clearly stated.

Realising this he then claimed that the prices in the menu were wrong! We checked some of the other menus and they all displayed the same price. He however reluctantly refunded us.

While I fully understand mistakes can be made it was the aggressive and almost nasty tone that was the concern.

On that basis I would recommend avoiding this establishment

Visited May 2014
“Don't leave children in charge of your restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant appeared to be run by a teenager on the night we visited. The service was atrocious and the food only marginally better. It was a pleasure to leave. With so few restaurants in akbuk it would seem this one can afford to be less than average and still stay afloat which is a pity.

Visited May 2014
Newtownards
“Very good restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Been coming to Akbuk for 6 years now and have used the Liman Restaurant many times. The food is excellent, Izzy, the chef, makes sure there is salmon when I am there, as I don't eat red meat and it is always cooked beautifully. My husband loves the 'Izzy special" which is a fillet steak with a mild curry sauce and all the trimmings. All very reasonably priced! The location is perfect just at the start of the harbour, lovely to watch the sun go down. The owners and staff are very friendly and we always feel very comfortable and happy dining there!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Food was same as all the other restaurants. Taste and quality was average. Service was slow. Location is pleasant as it located over looking the small marina in Akbuk.

• Visited October 2013