“Thank you Yolandi,Laurette and the Stirling Manor staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stirling Manor Boutique Guest House & Conference Facility

and 1 more site!
You added Stirling Manor Boutique Guest House & Conference Facility to your Saves list
Stirling Manor Boutique Guest House & Conference Facility
5.0 of 5 Guest house   |   38 Scott Street, Schoemansville, Hartbeespoort, South Africa   |
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Thank you Yolandi,Laurette and the Stirling Manor staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I had an awsome,wonderful stay at Stirling Manor.Celebrated our wedding anniversary and stayed at the Presidential suite it was stunning and the views of the dam from our room was beautiful,we just loved and enjoyed every moment there.This is one of the most luxurious guesthouse I have ever been to,truly worthy of the best 5 star resort.The food was of a very high quality and standard and the service from Yolandi and her staff was excellent,Thank you for giving us such beautiful memories and surpassing our every expectations.Everything was just perfect.Definately looking forward to spending a weekend in summer.
Suren & Gloria

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
laurette042, Owner at Stirling Manor Boutique Guest House & Conference Facility, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Suren and Gloria, it was great having you at Stirling Manor. Thank you for choosing Stirling Manor to celebrate your special occasion. Looking forward to welcome your family to Stirling Manor in the near future.
Regards
Laurette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Loved it, the spa bath was divine! Food was sumptuous, service excellent.
The decor tasteful and classy.
Stunning views!

Room Tip: The room with spa bath is gorgeous!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we enjoyed having you at Stirling Manor. Thank you for purchasing your Daddy's Deal voucher and came to experienced our warm hospitality at Stirling Manor.
Kind Regards
Laurette
Pretoria, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Before buying a Daddy's Deal voucher at Stirling Manor, my wife called Yolande to find out if there would be any costs involved to bring our 1 year twin boys with. Yolandi assured her that there was no extra costs for the twins. We bought 2 Daddy's Deal vouchers to make it worth it. My wife emailed Yolandi after receiving the vouchers. She then called Yolandi to ask if she received the e-mail. Yolandi then told her that she doesn't have time to go and see if she did receive the e-mail and that Laurette the owner told her that we would have to pay R450 per child per night. My wife wanted to speak to Laurette but she was apparently in Durban, but Yolandi assured my wife that we don't have to worry about the extra costs as she will not charge us the extra costs. My wife tried to get hold of Laurette the next week just to find out that she is back but apparently again not available. We then received an e-mail from Laurette stating that we will have to pay the extra charges for the twins. I then called Laurette on her cell to find out what the problem is. Very rudely and not listening to my problem Laurette put the cellphone down in my ears. After a few minutes Laurette called me back and still don't listen to any reason where as she advised me rudely to cancel the Daddy's Deal. That is exactly what I did seeing that you can't go to a place with such rude people not listening to your problems and not even trying to solve it. I really can't see how Stirling Manor got the Excellence Service award as there is no Service! I really hope that Tripadvisor would cancel the award of Stirling Manor as they really do not deserve it!!! Dirk Bezuidenhout

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Stirling Manor Boutique Guest House & Conference Facility, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
It is very unfortunate that we could not meet the client's expectations after trying our utmost best to accommodate their requests. We totally disagree with the statements made by the client and would like to put this matter straight. The client purchased two vouchers from Daddy'd Deals and phoned Stirling Manor to make a booking. We informed them that the dates requested by them is already fully booked. After our Manageress did everything in her power to move some of the already booked guests, she informed the client that she managed to accommodate there requested dates. The lady then enquired about bringing their twins with @ no additional cost. Our manageress informed her that we do not accommodate children in any of the premier or presidential suite's and should she be able to move them to the family suite there would be an additional charge for the children seen that the voucher they bought were only for two people. The lady was unhappy and wanted to speak to the owner and our Manageress told her that the owner was on leave and would be back at the office the following week. When I returned from leave this matter were brought to my attention and I responded via email and confirmed that there will be an additional charge for the children. The lady phoned our offices and requested to speak to me and our manageress informed her that I went to buy supplies and that she would ask me to return her call when I got back to the office. The ladies husband then phoned and our manageress gave him the exact same message. He then phoned me on my cellphone and I told him that I am almost at the office and will return his call as soon as I get back to the office. He accused me of lying to him and insulted me as a person and verbally abused me. As I approached the guesthouse my cellphone lost reception and I got cut off. I immediately returned his call from the landline and he accused me of putting down the phone in his ear and just kept on shouting at me, his exact words were "I WILL TRASH YOU ON TRIP ADVISOR".

I realised that it doesn't matter how hard we tried to assist this client, it was to no avail and suggested that he asked for a refund from Daddy's Deals. I contacted Daddy's Deals and they confirmed that they have fully refunded the client.

As it is our policy to provide our guests with the best possible experience we regret that in this specific instance we could not meet the customers demands.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We purchased a Daddy's Deal voucher which was so cheap, to stay in the Presidential Suite at Stirling Manor. We have been to many luxurious guest houses around the country but non were as stunning as Stirling Manor. The little detail to everything just makes it that much more of a wonderful experience. We were surprised to find that the lovely ladies of Stirling Manor, Yolandi and Laurette, prepare the meals themselves to ensure that the food reaches the highest standards of expectations. The rooms are gorgeously decorated, the inhouse massages make you melt. Recovering from a terrible tragedy that occurred last week, a night at the marvelous Stirling Manor was what we needed. Thank you to all at Stirling Manor for your hospitality and impeccable dedication to giving your clients the warm and hearty service they deserve. We cannot wait to come in the summer time. May God Bless you all, PJ and Candice Flanagan

Room Tip: Presidential Suites are Majestic, the views of Hartbeespoort Dam are amazing!!!
Pretoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I stayed at Stirling Manor for a weekend and we've had the best quiet weekend we've never had before. Yolandi was very friendly, warm, caring and very helpful. The guesthouse is very exquisite (a true 5 star) and definetely a place to recommend to friends. The staff was also very professional. Thank you!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Randburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My Wife who suffers from Cancer was treated to stay at Stirling Manor just before a major cancer operation. We are lost for words to describe the exquisite venue, treatment and exceptional customer care we have received, without doubt it will remain in our archives of memory as the BEST experience ever, having travelled abroad first class for most of our lives we were left with an experience that surpass all executive expectations. The Welcome, warmth, kindness, proffessionalism, dedication and passion to meet each clients needs and standards was carried out by dignified individuals who are set to make a clients stay the most pleasant one indeed. To the owners and staff, especially Yolandie you guys make South Africa Proud. Well done and keep it up. May God bless you abundantly. Best Wishes to all, Shiraz and Ferz Haniff

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I booked a surprize birthday breakaway for my husband at Stirling Manor Boutique Guest House, through Yolandi. What an amazing experience. Stirling Manor is situated in Hartebeespoort area...what a beautiful area and that scene from our room was stunning! We had a quiet, calm and relaxing break away and nothing was too much for Yolandi to arrange for us. We were treated like the royals we are ;-) Yolandi referred different venues for extra activities for us to do should we feel like it and there are many to choose from. After a peaceful, snuggle and cosy night’s rest, breakfast was a treat and a million...an absolute must do! Value for money and for sure exceptional staff! Thank you for such an unforgettable experience! We will definitely visit again...this time for a much longer stay and pamper!! You are in deed a star Yolandi and we wish you and all at Stirling Manor only the best. Proud to be a South African!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Stirling Manor Boutique Guest House & Conference Facility? Share your experiences!