We booked and paid for 1 night of 25 February via Hotels.com for a deluxe room with ocean view. Was slightly apprehensive paying an agency after the adverse publicity caused by an alleged misappropriation by another agency. No problem as all was well. Stayed 1 night only as we were catching a cruise liner to Sydney via the Islands and NZ.
Decided to pay for an early check in at 9am having travelled by air from London via LA, arriving at 6am extremely tired.
The hotel is built in a block of 4 separate buildings, one of which houses reception, dining areas etc.We had a top floor room in the building next door which was spotless despite our 9 am check in.But best of all was the stunning views from the balcony of the azure blue waters of Matavia Bay and looking over to Moorea. Staff were very helpful and although we did not use the facilities other than dining,the gardens, pool and other areas were very well kept and extremely clean.
You will need transport to visit the town and for general sightseeing although there is a complimentary shuttle service from and to the town daily. A tip and a word of caution. The tip. Get your local XPFrancs at LA Airport at the kiosk very close to the boarding gate to Tahiti. Although there is a bureau at the papeete airport, it is not always open, and you will need the local currency for shopping etc, although taxis and the hotel will take US$
The caution. Although we were quoted a rate for 2 pax from the airport to the hotel by the hotel`s approved carrier, South Pacific Transport, we were then told at the airport that the rate related to a party of 6. 2 other travellers were treated the same way. Needless to say,we 4 took a taxi from the rank which was cheaper than the original fare quoted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and Unwind at this Oceanfront Resort in Tahiti.Make your escape to the tranquil Radisson Plaza Resort in Tahiti, which offers outstanding comfort and spectacular waterfront views in the lush, tropical surroundings of the 900-metre-long (half-mile long) Lafayette Beach. With its stunning oceanfront location on historic Matavai Bay, this destination resort offers easy access to a wealth of activities and attractions. Make your reservation at the Radisson Plaza and indulge in warm island hospitality and unparalleled resort services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti Hotel Arue
- Radisson Plaza Hotel Tahiti
- Radisson Tahiti
- Tahiti Radisson
- Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort Arue