I like this hotel quite a lot. We stayed here for four nights before heading on to Moorea and Bora Bora. I actually stayed here once before about ten years ago.
The room was really nice and the pool area is a real picture. In fact the views down to the beach and back to Moorea were fabulous. Great sunsets from our balcony on the third floor. We had our own spa bath which we used once. The staff were friendly we didn't have any problems, in fact I appreciated the way they checked that we had a pick up arranged on check out.
On the negative side I agree that the buildings are somewhat dated. The slats on the spa window wouldn't open properly. The door wouldn't lock properly. But I dislike the location mainly, from the point of view your are stuck there. For a lot of people this probably doesn't matter but I like to try other restaurants and this is quite difficult from this hotel. Also as a lot of people have pointed out the food isn't that great. I had a chicken burger (bad), steak (just as bad) then a pork dish and a lamb curry over the four nights. I suspect the lamb curry of giving me diarrhea. The breakfasts had quite a lot of variety but was not good quality. I don't understand how you can't get fresh fruit and vegetables of a reasonable quality. Having said that, I quite enjoyed the dining experience, it is such a lovely setting, and we also had a dance troup entertaining us as they practiced for their show.
We used the shuttle to go into Papeete every afternoon and had lunch there, but even that was problematic as the shuttle left at 2.30 and returned at 5 and this is when most things are closed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and Unwind at this Oceanfront Resort in Tahiti.Make your escape to the tranquil Radisson Plaza Resort in Tahiti, which offers outstanding comfort and spectacular waterfront views in the lush, tropical surroundings of the 900-metre-long (half-mile long) Lafayette Beach. With its stunning oceanfront location on historic Matavai Bay, this destination resort offers easy access to a wealth of activities and attractions. Make your reservation at the Radisson Plaza and indulge in warm island hospitality and unparalleled resort services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti Hotel Arue
- Radisson Plaza Hotel Tahiti
- Radisson Tahiti
- Tahiti Radisson
- Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort Arue