We had a suite (1506) overlooking the bay. Nice open-air restaurant.
Had a swim in the infinity pool. Others in my group went into the Jacuzzi but said it was colder than the pool. Didn't see to be many deck chairs but resort was not full so this was not a problem for us.
Room was a big size, which would suit those who were looking for a longer stay.
Is some way from the town but I think there is a hotel shuttle into town (though not sure exactly)
Is on a black sand beach but you can get views over the beach and when in season can see whales. Unfortunately on our one night stay we saw dolphins only and weren't lucky enough to see whales!
A few hours before we left I managed to walk into the glass door on our balcony and the staff immediately came when we called them and asked if I needed further assistance, and cleaned up after me! They also managed to unlock our safe as that had jammed and our passports/travel documents were inside! So kudos to the staff, situation well managed!
Lift was a bit hit and miss resulting in us having to walk up 5 flights of stairs once, luckily not with our luggage!
Would probably suit more the 1-night stay before going out to the islands or on the return just before flying out from the airport
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti Hotel Arue
- Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti Hotel
- Radisson Plaza Hotel Tahiti
- Radisson Tahiti
- Tahiti Radisson
- Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti Arue
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Forget the traditional “Room with a View”, simply imagine “A Resort with a View”. Overlooking Matavai Bay drenched in historical events looking beyond the distant horizon and one of the most important historical sites in Tahiti. Enjoy an “open plan” Tahitian themed destination resort and step into a real Tahitian Cultural experience of warm & welcoming Tahitian staff. Ideally located on the north eastern coast of the island of Tahiti, close enough to get you to town in a short 10 minute trip but just far enough to ensure stress-free surroundings.All units have a large balcony and offer a view over the majestic South Pacific Ocean animated. Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti caters for multiple desires: 25 Ocean View Rooms, 26 Rooms with private Jacuzzi, 26 Suites and 14 Duplex. Spend time at our local Arts & Craft Market; enjoy our daily cultural & Fitness Activities program; relax in our Sauna, Steam room, Jacuzzi or Infinity pool; enjoy a duo or single massage with jet jacuzzi bath or vichy shower in our Spa, take our free shuttle to visit city centre; appreciate a dinner with typical Polynesian shows in our waterfront Restaurant…Radisson Tahiti matches your desires! Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti is a journey of richness into history, adventure, paradise, romance and Tahitian cultural hospitality with a difference you will not forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.