Originally had planned a couple of nights at this property but a flight delay changed that to one.
The open air lobby of the Radisson is very inviting, lush, and tropical. We were warmly welcomed by Laetitia at the front desk who had our reservation, including Club Carlson Elite upgrade, awaiting us. After the previous day no-show, there was some question about our reservation but Club Carlson came through with flying colours to honour our existing rate.
We were escorted to our Duplex Suite on the top (5th) floor of building two. I think most, if not all, rooms in this property have ocean views and ours was no less spectacular but nice being higher up.
The suite consists of a lower level living/dining/work area and half bath while the bedroom with full bath is upstairs. There is a large balcony on the main level compete with a couple of chairs and a couple of chaise lounges. The upper level has a smaller balcony with no furniture.
The room cleanliness left plenty to be desired. It was necessary to wear footwear throughout the suite, which has hardwood floors, or risk having very dirty feet. The upstairs bathroom shower had very noticeable soap scum stains on the glass enclosure and the hair of previous guests was evident in the bath tub and on the bathroom floor. Appears to be an indication of very lazy housekeeping, particularly in not having cleaned the shower in quite some time.
Access to the black sand beach is restricted to a pathway near the pool. The pool itself is a pretty good size, is right next to the restaurant and pool bar, and provided a nice vantage point from which to sip a tropical drink and view the sunset.
If you like the sound of waves crashing on the beach as you drift off, this may be the hotel for you. It's almost too loud. :-) The king-size bed was very comfortable and made for a good night's sleep.
Location-wise, this resort is about fifteen or twenty minutes from downtown Papeete which is not ideal if you want to spend much time in town. (2000 XPF = ~$23 USD taxi) From the airport, the cab fare is per posted prices at 2860 XPF + 100 per piece of luggage. The hotel does supply a free shuttle into town most days, leaving at 8:30 and, I think, 2:00 and returning at noon and five o'clock respectively. Not used for luggage transport, though, just for shopping. Nice feature given the expense of cabs.
Notwithstanding the cleanliness issues, we would have liked to have spent just a little more time here to wander the beach and hang around the pool. All in all, quite a good, but short, stay.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti Hotel Arue
- Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti Hotel
- Radisson Plaza Hotel Tahiti
- Radisson Tahiti
- Tahiti Radisson
- Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti Arue
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Forget the traditional “Room with a View”, simply imagine “A Resort with a View”. Overlooking Matavai Bay drenched in historical events looking beyond the distant horizon and one of the most important historical sites in Tahiti. Enjoy an “open plan” Tahitian themed destination resort and step into a real Tahitian Cultural experience of warm & welcoming Tahitian staff. Ideally located on the north eastern coast of the island of Tahiti, close enough to get you to town in a short 10 minute trip but just far enough to ensure stress-free surroundings.All units have a large balcony and offer a view over the majestic South Pacific Ocean animated. Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti caters for multiple desires: 25 Ocean View Rooms, 26 Rooms with private Jacuzzi, 26 Suites and 14 Duplex. Spend time at our local Arts & Craft Market; enjoy our daily cultural & Fitness Activities program; relax in our Sauna, Steam room, Jacuzzi or Infinity pool; enjoy a duo or single massage with jet jacuzzi bath or vichy shower in our Spa, take our free shuttle to visit city centre; appreciate a dinner with typical Polynesian shows in our waterfront Restaurant…Radisson Tahiti matches your desires! Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti is a journey of richness into history, adventure, paradise, romance and Tahitian cultural hospitality with a difference you will not forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.