“Just a stop over” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Arue
Winnipeg
“Just a stop over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The stay here was very nice. The hotel is well located on the beach and you can hear the waves crashing. This was just a quick stop as we were on our way to Bora Bora. The hoel was clean and well kept. The grounds were very nice, and the staff was nice. We had the buffet breakfast there as well which was quite good. Although it was a quick stay it was a nice one and I would recomend this hotel

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
tahitiradisson2011, Directeur général at Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Ia Orana,

Reading your review is certainly motivating, thank you. Maybe next time you will be able to make it more than a quick stop and look forward to receiving you in our wonderful destination resort.

695 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here back in 2004 and it was amazing. The black sand beach, the pool, the room - they were all stunning. It was the perfect romantic getaway. The staff were friendly and courteous. The only complaint was that there was nothing nearby the hotel, but thankfully there was a shuttle into town twice daily.
We're coming back in a couple of weeks with our toddler daughter and hope we have another fantastic time.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ia Orana,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review,
I am very happy to welcome you back again in our resort and I wish you a wonderful stay among us.

Apopka, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We had terrible weather, but the hotel was beautiful. Our ocean front room had a great view. It was 2 stories with a lot of space. It was hard to get drinking water -- they kept telling us it was not good. I drink tons of water and, in fact had drank lots from the tap in my room. The last two nights several couples around us at dinner complained and we finally got water with our dinner. The food was great, but they did not serve dinner until 7p.m., so being on east coast time it was a long wait. Most nights we ate earlier, but had a very limited menu. The front desk staff was very helpful. The little French that I speak was helpful in the restaurant.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
tahitiradisson2011, Directeur général at Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Ia Orana,

Thank you for your review and wish to reiterate why the resort avoids serving tap water. As our local filtering process is different from other countries, guests may be sensitive to local water, hence why we encourage bottled water consumption. I am glad to read that you finally resolved this issue.

The weather continues to be the same unfortunately but I am sure you understand to be also expected since we are in full rainy season… Today however the sun is shining again! Please do not hesitate to come back to our islands when I hope to welcome you again.

Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a dayroom at this hotel after leaving a cruise and before our midnight flight home. So, we had minimal time there (basically hung out at the pool and had dinner) before leaving Tahiti. The room we were assigned was pretty cool with two levels (bedroom and bathroom upstairs) and the living area downstairs. Both levels had nice decks and was spacious, however, the room was nicked up, dirty and just gross. The shower looked grimy and the sheets had stains. Not wanting to be stuck inside we headed to the pool where they had run out of towels (the pool wasn't that busy) and had to wait close to two hours until they were available. The drinks at the pool were expensive and didn't taste like they had any alcohol in them and the food at dinner was abysmal. As for the beach, it was black sand. Not a fan of that and preferred the white sand at the InterContinental. However, the only nice thing about the hotel was the lovely sound of the waves crashing onto the shore.

Room Tip: Don't select this hotel as a place to stay for a long duration--only as a stopover to somewhere...
Ia Orana,

I fully understand your discontentment and disappointment and I assure you I have transmitted your observations to the departments concerned and requested a full investigation on how this could of happened.

I also wish to thank you for bringing this to my intention and pledge immediate follow up.

Please accept my most sincere apology

Merci/Thank you/Mauru’uru

Travelers are raving about these Arue hotels

Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed for few days on the way back from our trip to the Tuamotus (Rangiroa and Fakarava) We stayed at probably their best room - the OCEAN VIEW DUPLEX SUITE.

The hotel looks nice maybe even better the Intercontinental Tahiti. As the hotels in Tahiti are generally very bad, for better accommodation you only have few options.

Our suite was nice and big we had complimentary quite fast FREE internet (but with LAN cable provided by the reception)

The hotel is clearly understaffed (we had to wait forever at Check-in as there was only one French guy at the reception (quite a young person) which was not friendly at all, so the check-in process was very slow and negative in experience (I hope this guy is fired)

When we arrived with our 4 suitcases there were nobody in the reception (bellboy) who can help you with the luggage, I had to wait almost one hour to get the luggage in our room.
On the next day it took me 3 phone calls so I can get our suite serviced – they clearly do NOT have enough housekeeping personnel, giving us a lot of stupid explanation by telephone why they did not clean the room on time.

Also what is crazy for me is that even in the most expensive suite they have not stocked the mini-bar and we do not had even complimentary water. We ordered 2 bottles of water from the room service and I realized that I’m paying one of the most expensive water in my life (1 liter of the very, very average still local water O’Tahiti cost 750 XPF (about $8,36) That is bad, 50% more expensive that 5 stars resorts in remote places like Bora Bora and Rangiroa.

I liked the location of the hotel in ARUE and the Lafayette black sand beach – however the sound of the waves is so strong at night that even on the 5th floor is was impossible to sleep with open windows.

The best in the hotel was the dinner restaurant with fresh fish (tuna, mahi-mahi) and some of the best tuna Carpaccio and tuna sashimi we ever had ! The food there was the only reason I give this place 4 stars instead of 3. Also we liked very much this fantastic band from Marquesas Islands. That was very authentic !

By the way for trip to Papeete, if you want to visit at the best place to buy pearls for sure this is Robert Wan (we saw his Pearl farms in Tuamotus). My wife left the Robert Wan shop happy (not so happy was my credit card)

Room Tip: Ocean view duplex was nice
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
tahitiradisson2011, Directeur général at Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Warmest greetings to you,

I am sorry to read your review and the obvious disappointment that you encountered whilst staying in our resort. By the readings I can only guess that you were served by a junior member of my staff and wish to apologize for his seemingly lack of consideration towards you. I am presently looking into the matter including housekeeping incidents.

Happy to read you enjoyed the Duplex Suite and that the restaurant and the Marquisian show brought you enlightment.

Warmest Tahitian wishes to you and your loved ones for 2013 and sincerely appreciate your leniency to our inexperienced staff.

Carmel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel my guess is about 30yrs. old. It needs a face lift. The rooms are normal size and the elevators are very small. The restaurant is not air conditioned but the rooms are. The rooms have wood floors. And the rooms have a patio. The rooms vary in views from clear view rooms to the ocean to rooms that look into trees that block the room views. The beach is about 50 yrs. from the hotel a easy walk. It has a couple of gift shops and a childcare room for the little ones if you need babysitting. The neighborhood is so so. We stayed their only one night because we couldn't get to Bora Bora the same day coming out of Los Angeles airport. The drive to the airport is about 15 ride. It would not be someplace I would stay for the entire vacation. It is a decent layover Hotel between flights. The food at the hotel was on a Sunday buffet. I would rate the food as average nothing to get excited about. The front desk and room service where very pleasant to deal with.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the middle of the hotel for good views of the ocean. Also pick the rooms high up for...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ia Orana,

Thank you to have taken the time to write your review and to share your description of the hotel.

I hope that your Bora Bora stay went well, and hope to see you back in our islands one day.Warmest Tahitian wishes to you and your loved ones for 2013.

Rancho Mirage, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We checked in to this facility as a "dayroom" end of a cruise. The hotel is very attractive, the rooms are quite nice, the views are good and the resort features are great. However, all of the positives are spoiled by very slow, indifferent, mediocre restaurant service with below average food. We were only there for 8 hours so it really didn't matter too much but, if we had been there for a lengthy resort stay we would have moved on the next morning because there are no alternative dining options immediately accessible.

Room Tip: Seek an ocean view room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ia Orana,

I have transmitted your remarks to the Food and Beverage department with clear instruction to take the appropriate actions to revert the situation. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for giving us your feedback.

I take this opportunity in wishing you our warmest Tahitian greetings and hope to see you back here among us one day.

Merci/Thank you/Mauru’uru

Been to Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti? Share your experiences!