We stayed for few days on the way back from our trip to the Tuamotus (Rangiroa and Fakarava) We stayed at probably their best room - the OCEAN VIEW DUPLEX SUITE.
The hotel looks nice maybe even better the Intercontinental Tahiti. As the hotels in Tahiti are generally very bad, for better accommodation you only have few options.
Our suite was nice and big we had complimentary quite fast FREE internet (but with LAN cable provided by the reception)
The hotel is clearly understaffed (we had to wait forever at Check-in as there was only one French guy at the reception (quite a young person) which was not friendly at all, so the check-in process was very slow and negative in experience (I hope this guy is fired)
When we arrived with our 4 suitcases there were nobody in the reception (bellboy) who can help you with the luggage, I had to wait almost one hour to get the luggage in our room.
On the next day it took me 3 phone calls so I can get our suite serviced – they clearly do NOT have enough housekeeping personnel, giving us a lot of stupid explanation by telephone why they did not clean the room on time.
Also what is crazy for me is that even in the most expensive suite they have not stocked the mini-bar and we do not had even complimentary water. We ordered 2 bottles of water from the room service and I realized that I’m paying one of the most expensive water in my life (1 liter of the very, very average still local water O’Tahiti cost 750 XPF (about $8,36) That is bad, 50% more expensive that 5 stars resorts in remote places like Bora Bora and Rangiroa.
I liked the location of the hotel in ARUE and the Lafayette black sand beach – however the sound of the waves is so strong at night that even on the 5th floor is was impossible to sleep with open windows.
The best in the hotel was the dinner restaurant with fresh fish (tuna, mahi-mahi) and some of the best tuna Carpaccio and tuna sashimi we ever had ! The food there was the only reason I give this place 4 stars instead of 3. Also we liked very much this fantastic band from Marquesas Islands. That was very authentic !
By the way for trip to Papeete, if you want to visit at the best place to buy pearls for sure this is Robert Wan (we saw his Pearl farms in Tuamotus). My wife left the Robert Wan shop happy (not so happy was my credit card)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and Unwind at this Oceanfront Resort in Tahiti.Make your escape to the tranquil Radisson Plaza Resort in Tahiti, which offers outstanding comfort and spectacular waterfront views in the lush, tropical surroundings of the 900-metre-long (half-mile long) Lafayette Beach. With its stunning oceanfront location on historic Matavai Bay, this destination resort offers easy access to a wealth of activities and attractions. Make your reservation at the Radisson Plaza and indulge in warm island hospitality and unparalleled resort services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Splendia, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti Hotel Arue
- Radisson Plaza Hotel Tahiti
- Radisson Tahiti
- Tahiti Radisson
- Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti Arue