“So great to return to The Bell Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Wivenhoe, United Kingdom
“So great to return to The Bell Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

It's been two years since our last visit but Nick and Trish were as welcoming as always. Nick is a natural at front of house and makes everyone feel equally appreciated whilst being incredibly entertaining! Beer is well kept and the food is still wonderful (and actually a relief to see the veggy portions aren't as daunting but still very tasty). I had the duck cooked two ways, it was delicious - as was my other half's chicken with a stilton baked mushroom. Even managed a dessert this time! The prices are extremely good value too! It was appropriate that we went for our meal after a long walk in some wild weather and were greeted by a beautiful double rainbow over the pub as soon as we arrived. The atmosphere in this pub is so warm (as is the fire in winter) and friendly to humans and dogs alike. Hopefully it won't be 2 years till our next meal at The Bell Inn.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food, Great atmosphere, Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Having eaten here twice now I have decided to leave a review as without doubt, this is one of the friendliest establishments I have ever had the pleasure of eating in. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted by the owner who was enthusiastic and really rather friendly. we had not booked however this was no issue. the staff here seemed only too pleased to find us a table for the evening - even though they had a few reservations already. The menu here is really first class, with different things each time we've visited. The food arrived promptly and was clearly freshly prepared and expertly cooked. the Chefs at The Bell Inn really do themselves and the pub proud. I couldn't have asked for a nicer meal. The lamb shank was out of this world. i heartily recommend it for anyone. The price of the food here is quite fair too, a meal for two certainly wont break the bank. to sum up, the food was excellent, the atmosphere is cosy and welcoming, and the price was very good too. This has to be a must for anyone coming to the area. you wont regret it. :)

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We live in Kent but often visit friends in Suffolk. We always visit The Bell at Middleton. The host is very very friendly and makes us feel like regulars. The food is the best. The menus are changed regularly and all ingredients are sourced locally and are fresh. The choice is superb with a wide range of lovely dishes. It is always difficult to choose. The fresh fish is to die for. The meat is of first class quality, cooked to perfection.
The cask beers are also worth high praise.
The prices are very good with all dishes being very good value for money,
The best pub food and service we have experienced in a long long time.
You must try it if you arein the area
smc

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This restaurant had everything you could possible need.

From ample parking to a very warm welcome, fantastic range of food and drinks (including deserts!)

All the food was beautifully cooked! All meals were bought out at the same time after a very short wait.

Amazing valur for money, we all had a thoroughly enjoyable lunch, thank you very much Nick.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I live in North Norfolk but discovered the Bell Inn about a year ago when down on business, and I have just returned from another two weeks in the area. I travel all over the country with my job and The Bell Inn has got to be one of the best pubs I have ever visited, never mind just in the local area! There is an excellent choice of food with all the usual pub classics and more. It is freshly prepared with seasonal ingredients, very reasonably priced and absolutely delicious with very generous portions! My favourite is the Lowestoft Cod and Chips with Peas and Tartar sauce. I have never before enjoyed such a wonderful piece of fish, so fresh it's incredible, cooked in such a delicate and delicious light batter! Simply mouth watering! But all the food is superb and I take my hat off to the chefs!

In the bar area Adnams' finest brews are drawn straight from the barrels and are of superb quality, also top branded beers are on tap and the wine list offers great choices too!
The landlord is extremely welcoming and courteous and creates a very relaxing environment in which to enjoy your meal. A first class pub in every aspect and I give it ten out of ten! I believe that it was also awarded ' Value Pub of The Year' by the Good Pub Guide 2012. Well done and I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited January 2014