“Very interesting, beautiful landscapes, everyone who loves nature should visit- at least once;-)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moody Gardens

Type: Gardens
Activities: Hiking, Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Work or play, this subtropical island destination is ideal for families and groups alike. Features a variety of unique attractions, a 4-diamond hotel, spa & convention center and an 18-hole seaside-links golf course.
Jennings
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The aquarium pyramid was my family's favorite. Me and my husband, and 9 & 11 year old daughters. There was an abundant amount of fish and mammels. Penguin's were awesome to interact with;-) The Rainforest pyramid was my favorite- I felt like I was on a tropical island. Lots of birds and exotic flowering plants! We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 day adventure!!

Texas
111 attraction reviews
“Nice exhibits; too expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at the Moody Gardens Hotel and visited the rain forest and aquarium. I have been to many zoos and aquariums and the first part that sticks out is the cost to see these attractions. Most top zoos, etc. take 3 hours to see. It only took me about an hour to see each of these attractions and the cost was too high. I believe the price needs to come down to about $15 per attraction and you get a bigger discount if you are a guest of the hotel. Other large chains like Universal and Disney give perks to their hotel guests and Moody should as well.

The rain forest is really neat. I love unusual plants and trees. My daughter had studied the different layers of the rain forest and was able to identify with the exhibits. We saw alot of unusual birds but the best part was a saki monkey hanging out over a tree of the pathway with a sloth and fruit bats nearby. We also liked the butterfly exhibit and later seeing the chrysalis section. This area is humid because it's a large glass greenhouse so plan your visit accordingly with the weather.

The aquarium is very nice as well. A great variety of exhibits and a few wow factors. The seal exhibit is one of the best I have ever seen. The penguin exhibit was also great. The shark tunnel was fun to walk through.

I would recommend both of these exhibits.

Visited August 2013
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Palm Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The beach was very clean. There were people of all ages. It was a very fun experience for my 3 year old grandson!! But the FOOD was terrible!

Visited August 2013
York, South Carolina
14 attraction reviews
“A few neat things”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm from SC and have visited a lot of aquariums in my life time. This aquarium did not live up to my expectations. I was very disappointed in it. There are a few unique animals, but I have seen a lot better displays. If the price was not so expensive I probably would have given it a better review, but I feel if I'm going to pay so much then it better be worth the trip. If you have never been to an aquarium before then you would enjoy it because there is nothing else to compare it to. If you have been to some nice aquariums, my advise is to save your money for something else.

Lafayette, Louisiana
24 attraction reviews
“Lots to do -- educational”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was quite impressed by Moody Gardens. There was so much to do – you could literally spend most of the weekend on their property visiting the exhibits, educational films, Palm Beach, etc. I will say, if you aren’t into educational adventures, I would recommend going elsewhere.
There is a lot of walking and reading, so I wouldn’t recommend if you have really young ones. Even with a wheelchair, there were a lot of ramps to navigate that were quite tiring.
I would recommend going anytime other than the summer. While most is air conditioned, the heat coupled with the walking/pushing/toting/etc is too much. Not to mention because it is on the Gulf, it is quite humid.
The staff was pleasant. The grounds were well-maintained. Everything was accessible, though in some cases the wheelchair couldn’t experience the full effects (4D film – the seat vibrates/moves/shoots air; RideFilm – no way to get on the ride, would have to watch the film from stationary position behind the ride; taking pictures with the face cut-outs – there were stairs, not ramps to get to cut-outs).