We were on a dual trip, driving from the UK to our home in Portugal, but also paying our respects to my great grandad's war grave in St Venant. So we stayed in Ieper in order to see the Menin Gate, and be there for the Last Post at 8pm. The hotel was very centrally located, the room we had was on a corner and was of a good standard for a chain hotel. Bed was comfy, and quiet given it is used by many tour operators visiting the First World War battle areas. Ieper was a revelation, lovely square (with winter skating rink) great but individual bars and a nice atmosphere. I loved the Belgium chocolate shops which were a bonus.
The hotel was clean, functional, and very helpful, but there were many tours using it ( though the clients were of course generally older) so if you are looking for a more sophisticated hotel then perhaps is not for you. However for a overnight stay on your way through it was good, I would ray again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Ieper Centrum is a 3 star hotel in the heart of the city centre. The medieval Cloth Hall and its belfry, the In Flanders Fields Museum and the famous Menin Gate are within walking distance. The hotel has 122 spacious air conditioned rooms, Foodsquare bar brasserie with terrace and 7 conference rooms for all your meetings and seminars. This hotel is equally suited to a business trip or a holiday in Ypres with your partner or family. Guests also enjoy the convenience of a private car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Ieper Centrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Ieper Centrum Hotel Ieper (Ypres)
- Novotel Hotel Ypres
- Novotel Hotel Ieper Centrum
- Novotel Ypres
- Ypres Novotel