“Good Home Cooking” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Reading UK
“Good Home Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Excellent little restaurant away from the main centre of Ieper. The helpings are large and the onion soup and rabbit are really good and my wife recommends the chocolate mousse. Good friendly service run by a husband and wife team with the wife doing the cooking. You should definitely book as it is very popular.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

beckenham,kent,UK
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here and liked the surroundings. We were pleased that they were open on a Sunday evening as a number of other restaurants were closed.

Visited May 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent Flemish food in traditional setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We received good service and were served excellent food in a place that looks like you entered a traditional Flemish home from long time ago, with memorabilia from the area. The owners allow space for the traditional Last Post ceremony held in Ieper, so I made reservations for us to arrive after that. I think the food offers great value for money, and expect generous enough portions (as it should be in a Flemish kitchen ;-). I had the rabbit, with really yummy mashed potatos. Open on a Sunday evening. Not suitable for large groups, I would say, but when visiting with friends I can really recommend the Ruyffelaer. And do ask the owner about the story behind the name!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Yummy Flemish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Excellent service, decent value, and the food was delicious. We recommend making a reservation. This is a good choice, if you are looking to eat some typical Flemish cuisine. very good.

Visited April 2013
London
“Good feed, not all to my taste”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We went here on Sunday night as there are not many places open on Sundays in Ieper. There was just us and another Brit couple. It is a lovely old fashioned room with interesting decoration and had a nice warm stove that we sat next to. I had salmon followed by a beef stew. The salmon was a bit odd with lots of dill and red peppercorns. Quite nice but not really my thing, I would have prefered a simpler flavour. The beef was fine, in a rich carrotty sauce and with nice mash. All in all I quite liked it.