“disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Bruges, Belgium
“disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Staff was very stand-offish.The menu was offered by a friend, so we did not know what to expect.The waitress gave us " a sort of soup ". It smellt and looked like dishwater. Afterwards we had sushi served in a small wooden ship. One word...not worth a penny! Soja sauce, wasabi, lots of rice, poor slices of " cheep" fish. To think that in front of that restaurant they sell the best and freshest fish in Ostend!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Bruges, Belgium
“very nice introduction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

after I saw the reviews here I was a bit worried. I had a groupon.
But....if you buy a groupon it is very well written what's on the menu, we had miso soup, and the 18 sushis. We just wanted to try it, and I must say it was a really nice and good introduction in the Japanese kitchen. We are even interested in going back to try the tepanyaki.
The people working there were all very friendly, the food was good, I don't have any remarks.
Yes we had a groupon with the value from 72 euro's, I payed only 30 euro's for it, so, 15 euro for one person, for soup, coffee and 18 sushi's isn't expensive.
In the other reviews the mention the value of the groupon but not how much they actually payed for it, 15 euros for soup, 18 sushi's and coffee isn't expensive.
I will ad pictures so you can see

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“terrible do not go there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have been to many restaurants and this was the worst i have ever been too. Totally over priced and service and food terrible. Service very poor, they lean over your party to grab other peoples plate. Staff are rude. Food is not fillet chicken or beef, they hide the bad food with sauces and all you can do is drink water at a cost of 2 euros a glass which they state is botled but you never see the bottle. 6 small glasses of water cost 12 euros plus tax, a complete rip off.
Cant write any more as it was so bad even the wine was dreadful thats how bad. DO NOT GO THERE.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sutton Coldfield, England
“AMAZING JAPANESE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was literally dragged to Sensai after a long day out because I was not too hungry - but how glad I was that I went. The only single word I can use to describe the experience is "exceptional". There are individual meals but we opted for a set menu at 21.75 euros which comprised Miso Soup, a Calamari dish, flamed fillet of beef and noodles/vegetables. All of he food was cooked in front of us on a very hot plate by a flamboyant Chef using a cleaver and a knife. It was really amazing to wonder at his dexterosity with his "2 tools" of the trade and the quality of the food and service was sublime. It truly is not about good food, it is a Dining Experience that should never be missed. Flamed oil shot upwards and the food was supremely hot, fresh and tasty. What an experience - you have to go. Local food it is not - superb food it is.

• Visited August 2012