“Eat with taste and talk with pleasure!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Belgian, European, French
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brussels, Belgium
“Eat with taste and talk with pleasure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

For a sunday brunch our friends booked a table at this restaurant, so following their gourmet experience, we joined them one windy (typical North sea condition though!) sunday. Cosy inside, quite good service, although our waiter was not that accurate by serving drinks making a tablecloth somewhat wet around :D But it amused us more than having been disturbing or unpleasant, so we just enjoyed our starters (mine was tartare au thon, mm, nicely fresh!), although croquettes aux crevettes were not the best ones according to one of our friends' opinion (me, being non Belgian by origin, is difficult to understand what the really good croquettes aux crevettes are supposed to taste like, to me they all are alike,sorry). My main dish was really good despite the capres that i usually push away once i find them in my plate)) But in the butter sauce together with this fish, "raie" in french (forgot the name in english, which is not my mother language), this combination works flawless (unless you like butter, of course). The desserts had a cute touch of fruit or chocolate in different forms, not too sophisticated, but decorated with taste (to my taste at least :) ) The wine card was not too bad providing one has a bit of wine knowledge, otherwise classic combination of fish+white wine,red meat+red wine and some tips of the specialized stuff ("sommelier" or a person replacing him/her) would normally work)) I appreciate almost any food and wine in general and do not have an experience of ***star Michelin restaurants, so for me it was a really great experience of having nice time with friends and quite tasty food!NOt for every weekend's brunch though, as at least for two persons it can be a bit costly, but once in a while, mmm, with pleasure!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Paris
“Just avoid it....unless you like a rude service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Quite expensive for standard food. We made a terrible experience with the owner and staff who were litterally shouting at us simply because we wanted to pay our bill -277 EUR- separately (In 3).
We have been told "It is always the same with the French. If you have no money, don't go to restaurants".

Chez Freddy seems to be a better plan when we asked around after this experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oostende
“good size portions, sea view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

young people run this restaurant and know how to take care of their guests...
portions are very big, delicious and fresh
sea view, a little dark in the evenings

Visited October 2012
brussels - belgium
“very bad service from people who do not know how to treat clients”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

the Belgian coast does not need this kind of people owning restaurants - the waitress together with the owner of this restaurant find it normal to keep customers who want to pay, waiting until they have finished their own lunch
afterwards they give you the info that credit cards can only be accepted as from a certain budget (information that is not made available at the entrance or in the menu) and finally the card reader fails to connect
during this whole procedure the service gets poorer and poorer
furthermore the quality of the food does not make up for this lousy attitude and service

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Herent, Belgium
“A disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Although the menu looked very promissing and most tables had a reservation sign on it, our expectations were very high.
We felt lucky to get a table and the restaurant get crowded soon after we arrived.
I had a fish soup and a Sol Meunière which is normal on the sea.
The kids had gamba's and my wife a quattro of sea food.
My soup was good but the Sol was terrible. Worst one I ever had. Too much pepper, no sauce and half warm. A waste of money (it was the most expensive menu on the list).
The service was middle and I'm sure you can heve better in Ostend for a lower price.
They wouln'd see me there again

• Visited March 2012