“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

050 334526
Improve this listing
Ranked #147 of 549 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to bruges for 5 days and really struggled to find veggie food until one of the pubs in the main square told us of this restaurant.
Unfortunately kn the first day we got there at 1.30 and they'd run out of food as they only open for 2 hours a day at lunch. 12-2
We went back the following day and it was definitely worth the wait.
We had a soup starter which was hot and extremely tastey.
They have a set meal and you just choose your size plate. We both had medium plates. They were enough for us with a starter.
Food took a little while to arrive because they make it all fresh. The taste was absolutely amazing. So many flavours. I've been to a few veggie restaurants in the UK but this is my favourite.
Drinks were also fresh. My boyfriend had apple juice - which is real juice from apples (not from a carton) and I had carrot and apple juice mix!! Really lovely!
Only complaint - they don't do dinner!

• Visited December 2013

“good value great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

service was a bit slow but considering it was almost closing time 1:50 it was ok. you choose from a small medium or big plate. food was excellent diverse and good value for your money .the croquettes were wonderfull
would definately go back

Visited October 2013
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“A different meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

While the Lady friend visited Plopsa land with her youngest, I went to Bruges with her eldest daughter.
Ans as she is a committed vegetarian, I promised her a meal in a REAL vegetarian restaurant.
You have to ring the bell to get in and make a reservation.
The menu is the same for everybody, just different sizes of plates and portions.
I was not unhappy with the food ( dedicated carnivore I am) everything was fresh and crispy where it had to be but why were all the customers looking so utterly miserable?
They are Belgians, jolly people with the best beers in the world! ( and a quite palatable organic one available in the restaurant)
And the waitress looked like she was anorexic.
You can only pay cash, NO cards accepted.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“A wonderful veggie restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Simply one of the most imaginative restaurants we've ever visited, and it was just down the road from our hotel! Excellent food, beautifully prepared at a good price, what more can you ask for?
I defy anyone to eat the large dish - medium was quite big enough.

• Visited September 2013
Hoylake, United Kingdom
“Lovely Vege cafe in good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed in Bruges for two days recently and was very relieved to fine De Bron. My husband and I both enjoyed our meals and went back the second day because it was so good. We had a great selection of hot and cold foods on one plate, great taste and atmosphere, staff good we could not fault the place. Only problem was that it is not open at night.

Well Done De Bron