“Lovely meal in beautiful surroundings” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 520 Restaurants in Bruges
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Belgian
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A classy and relaxed restaurant in a classic 19th-century house, facing the beautiful Koningin Astrid Park. Old fashioned Belgian cuisine - light jazzy background music.
Conwy, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal in beautiful surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined here this evening. We had been here many years ago and enjoyed our meal so we decided to try it again. We were not disappointed. Every course was a delight. We both opted for the same starter the mushroom and spinach pie and the fillet steak. Both were delicious and cooked to perfection. I had the iced mousse and my husband the creme brulee which we enjoyed. At 45€ each incl the supplement we thought it was excellent value for money considering the quality of the food. We have eaten in many restaurants in the city and can see why this is rated no 1.The owner and staff were excellent,friendly,helpful and efficient. We sill certainly be returning here when next in Bruges.

Visited March 2014
axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Ann W,

Thank you very much for your return visit to our restaurant.

I am always happy to receive customers who have visited before, it is a comforting sign for both.
I have forwarded your kind regards to my mother, who runs the bed and breakfast.

Whenever back in Bruges, do not hesitate to pop in !

Best regards

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Grand setting, traditional fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We visited on a Sunday evening with the €40 menu and agree with the previous reviews about choice and supplements. There was some repetition in use of ingredients such as asparagus soup and then asparagus as the vegetable with the main course which was a shame given the limited menu choices.

Each dish was well cooked and tasty, large portions and quite rich given the number of courses.

The restaurant is beautiful and the service both formal and friendly at the same time.

We'd probably rate 3.5 if we could based on our evening.

Visited March 2014
axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Tracy Shattock,

Thank you very much for your visit.

Please allow me to repeat what I recently explained about the supplements ( of 5 euro )

These supplements, are a reflection of the price of the raw product.
Foie gras is more expensive than mushroom for example.
Cod is twice the price of Salmon.

This supplements are indicated beforehand and are totally justified for the quality offered.

Contrary to what you might think, some of these products can not be fitted in a 4 course menu of 40 euro.

Consider this : some restaurants of the same category will charge up to 32 euro for ONE dish.
The 40 euro menu, with or without supplements, remains excellent value.

Furthermore, we offer an internet promotion of 74,90 euro, where everything is included.
Everything means : the 4 course menu, aperitif , wines, mineral water, coffee, AND, all supplements.

It is my duty as a manager to keep the great majority of customers happy , while running a restaurant that remains financially fit.
We have succeeded in this for the last 25 years and intend on keeping it that way.

Our menu price, our choices and our supplements ( if any ) are all clearly indicated on our website and at the door, BEFORE any one makes the decision to book.

Any person having an issue with our prices, choices or supplements can easily choose among 500 other restaurants in Bruges, to book a table.

Please accept my best regards

coventry
“Stunning restaurant, gorgeous food but watch out for supplement prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband booked us into this restaurant for an anniversary meal having read the reviews on trip advisor.
We had a fabulous night - it's a beautiful venue with great food and service.
The only downside is the supplement on some of the meal options - we both ended up ordering dishes with supplements on both starters and main courses which made it a lot pricier. Of 4 main courses, 2 had a 5e supplement. Surely if running a reduced menu, it should be created to fit the 40 euro price.
It did take the initial shine off but the food more than made up for it, as did the gorgeous surroundings.
We would still highly recommend this for a special occasion.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Coventry Lisa,

Thank you very much for your fine review of our restaurant and food.

Let me just explain about these supplements ( of 5 euro ).

These supplements, are a reflection of the price of the raw product.
Foie gras is more expensive than mushroom for example.
Cod is twice the price of Salmon.

This supplements are indicated and totally justified.

Contrary to what you might think, these products can not be fitted in a 4 course menu of 40 euro.

The 40 euro menu, with or without supplements, remains excellent value.

Furthermore, we offer an internet promotion of 74,90 euro, in the which everything is included.

Please accept my dearest regards

London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was a special occasion for my girlfriends 30th birthday. Having read the reviews I thought this would be the perfect venue to celebrate, we were not let down. We were made very welcome by Axel and his team and through chatting with them decided that the set menu deal with wine pairing would be our best option. The champagne and wine was free flowing and the food was of a very high standard for all four courses. At the end of the evening Axel came to our table and sang happy birthday which was a great end to the evening. Park restaurant serves high quality food and has a lovely atmosphere, if we return to Brugge (which I'm sure we will) we will be heading to Park for dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wigan
“Trusted Tripadvisor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Booked a table at this restaurant due to Tripadvisor and a friends recommendation.
It is a beautiful restaurant and the service is very good. I find the mark of an exceptional restaurant
is being special without being pretentious. The park I found to be a little prententious although borh meals (my wife and I) were very good. I had the steak and it was excellent. One negative was the cheese fritters to start, the were dreadful, avoid them!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere