“Best meal in Bruges” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 520 Restaurants in Bruges
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Belgian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A classy and relaxed restaurant in a classic 19th-century house, facing the beautiful Koningin Astrid Park. Old fashioned Belgian cuisine - light jazzy background music.
UK
“Best meal in Bruges”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Booked this hotel before we travelled and were not disappointed.
Had the set menu and the wine flight.
The food was on the whole well presented and the dishes were well executed rather than spectacular. The only slight negative was the creme brûlée that was blowtorched at the table didn't achieve a good solid top .However relaxed but attentive service made it a very pleasant dining experience, one I would be happy to repeat.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Gazateer,

Thank you for your generous rating of our restaurant.

I will take notice of your remarks regarding the Creme Brulée and make sure that all of the waiters use the same torching technique when it comes to achieving a crusty top.

Thank you for your comments.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
“Beautiful food, romantic atmosphere, a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband brought me here on our first visit to Bruges and what an excellent choice. Food was delicious, service was excellent, staff very attentive. The atmosphere very romantic... With the added power cut for effect! Handled wonderfully by the staff!
The menu was a fixed price menu, with a good choice and was quite reasonable in comparison to other restaurants. The meal began with a salmon muse bouche (probably spelt that wrong) for starters i had the spinach and mushroom in puff pastry which was yummy and my husband had the scallops, there was an added soup choice then for main we had the fillet beef which was delicious and perfectly made!i would Definitely recommend this gem.

axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Shellie EV,

Thank you very much for your visit and your fine comments.
We are reasonably priced for the quality we offer. Thank you for pointing that out.
Offering consistent value and service have kept us going for almost 25 years...and we intend on keeping it that way.

Please accept my best regards

West Yorkshire
“A wonderful treat for our anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

my husband and i went to Bruges for our 20th wedding anniversary November 28th 2012, we booked a table at park and it lived up to the trip advisor reviews, we were met at the door by the owner who had placed rose petals on our table which was a lovely touch,the food is amazing, the staff are very friendly and can`t do enough for you, this place is a real find and well worth booking a table at, we have booked to go back to bruges this Nov with friends and will be booking the park again.

• Visited November 2012
Dear Tiffito,

Thank you for your fine review and charming picture.

I remember you very well, we chatted and laughed a good deal that night.
Also the headwaiter Joseph has fond memories of you.

Thank you for celebrating your wedding anniversary with us and please come again !

Best regards from Bruges,

Axel
“Wonderful anniversary dinner - definitely recommend!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Myself and my husband visited Bruges on 29th December and had booked the Park restaurant in advance following reviews we had read. We made the reservation online and mentioned that I was a coeliac and that it was our wedding anniversary. When we arrived at the restaurant the staff were lovely and they had our table ready with gluten free bread for myself and there were also some rose petals on the table. The manager came over to welcome us and he explained everything that I could have on the menu etc. (we went on a Saturday night so had the set menu accompanied by the drinks package) the food was fabulous, there was a lovely ambience and the staff could not have been nicer. We finished off the evening with a drink in the lounge area where there was a fire and comfy chairs! We couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate our wedding anniversary and would like to thank all the staff for such a memorable evening! If we are ever lucky enough to visit Bruges again we will definitely book to return to Park restaurant.
Emma

Dear Em Kenn,

Thank you very much for your visit and wonderful review of our restaurant.

Your remarks will be forwarded to the Staff. They will serve as an extra motivation to keep up our high standards of service and welcome.

Please accept my best regards

Lichfield
“Food maagnet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My first visit to Bruges was something of an accident. My son and I were passing and wanted to break the journey, so we gave it a try.
That night we discovered The Park restaurant, just down the road from our hotel and TripAdvisor top rated, so we gave this a try too.
Our meal was so good that I've since been hankering to get my wife back there.
This is therefore my second visit, and as with trips down memory lane and promised delights, I'd set myself up for a fall.
I am however very happy to report that The Park did not disappoint. In fact it was even better than I recalled.
We went for the wine selection with the meal. This is a Bruges thing where the restaurant (for about €22 - €25), pair each course of your meal with an appropriate wine. They deliver your dish, pour your wine and tell you about each, which is entertaining.
The significant plus over the other restaurants we dined at was that the Park also includes a welcome champers. Plus, if you've emptied you glass at any time, they refill it.... gratis.
Now that is an opportunity to get significantly blotto. Luckily we saw danger, kept our sobriety (the people waiting our table may have seen this differently), and enjoyed what was without doubt the best meal of our three night stay.
I can't fault this place, unless its to say it could be nearer to where I live :)
Driving down the UK and across the channel for dinner does seem a little excessive. No, on second thoughts, it's worth doing if you enjoy a meal as good as the one we had.

• Visited December 2012
Dear Nick Did That,

It is always a pleasure welcoming back regular customers. It is indeed good to know that customers come back for the food, ambience and overall value.

It is also good for a restaurant to have such cheerful and optimistic customers as you.
This adds up to the general " feel good factor " of a restaurant.
We provide the food, but It´s the people that make a place come alive !