We booked this establishment purely based on its high scoring on TA and was really looking forward to it.
After what I can only describe as a long and boring evening, we are very very disappointed to choose this restaurant for our Christmas Eve meal.
For £80 a head one would expect a lot. How naive of us.
I will start with the positive. The booking process was easy and they were very prompt in responses.
The restaurant is easy to find in Bruges and is located in a nice building. The decor seemed nice.
But that's where it ends for Park Restaurant.
We turned up and saw tables being set in a hallways of this restaurant and we prayed we wouldn't be seated there! Thankfully we weren't. We got seated and for a good 15 mins nothing happened. I knew immediately that the service wouldn't live up to its expectations. Anyway, no need for small details.
Here are the highlights of why this establishment is poor.
- we would expect a wider options for wine. To expect that everyone likes the same wine is a very poor knowledge of customer base!
- the startes were edible but not special
- mushroom soup needed seasonig
- the main course was venison.. And we would expect the waiter to ask how we'd like it cooked. Didn't happen and again, this only shows a poor customer service and assumption that everyone likes the same!
- dessert was an utter joke. A cheap ice cream.
Couple of more bad scores to add to the above:
- service way too slow. The dinner took almost 3.5 hours.. Which wasn't pleasant.
- the amthosphere in the room was dull and boring.
- only one toilet for ladies and one for men. Shocking.
- staff...clearly didn't want to be there.
And so to sum this up, we feel that this establishment was an utter waste of money, effort and time and our Christmas Eve!
We will not recommend to anyone we know.
Save yourself time and go to other wonderful places Bruges has to offer!
If you own or manage Park Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.