“All good from start to finish!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 41 Activities in Bruges
More attraction details
Owner description: A perfect morning in the county-Just 5 minutes outside of Bruges lies some of Europe's most exquisite countryside. We'll take you to the historic town of Damme. Your good-looking knowledgeable guide will help you discover the area they call the Flemish Polders. We stop at the charming cafe and give you the chance to try Belgium's famous beer and waffles ! You lucky people !
Christchurch, New Zealand
12 attraction reviews
“All good from start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Just completed a wonderful bike tour on a beautiful sunny day. The tour was fantastic. It was really nice to see the countryside and take some amazing photographs. We didn't have a booking as we made the decision according to the weather. There was no issue with not having a booking and Mika was superb to deal with. There are a couple of negative reviews put on by a group of girls which I would ignore just as we did as the tour is well worth the money and Mika is great.
Definitely recommend the tour!!

Visited June 2013

Auckland, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
“A FANTASTIC way to spend a few hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Mieke for an EXCELLENT cycle tour out to Damme. I don't understand the earlier critical postings, they have absolutely NO resemblence to my experience!! I found Mieke at the meeting place in the Market Square with her bike. Unlike the other 2 on our tour, I hadn't booked, but was welcomed and we soon introduced ourselves and got to know a bit about each other before heading off on foot to the bike storeage place. Mieke was insistent that we did not pay until we returned. I checked out a couple of bikes to find one that "I liked." There was a good choice of "male" and "female" bikes, so you will certainly find one that you feel comfortable with. Despite the threat of rain, we headed off out of town, stopping along the way for interesting stories and history and of course photos. We set the pace, so this is a tour which would suit both the confident and "not so confident" cyclist. Damme is a nice little town and it was nice to get to see some of the countryside away from the tourists in Bruges, plus to learn more about the history of this beautiful part of Belgium. The stop to sample the local beer in my case and an impressive waffle with strawberries and cream for one of the guys on the tour was relaxed and enjoyable. I was originally planning to do the Bruges city tour by cycle, but am so glad that I chose Mieke's tour - I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Bruges - ENJOY!! :)

Rupelmonde, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
“cheat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

You must pay everything in advance but when You phone that somebody can not comedy because She's sick, You can't get tour money back!

“Cycling fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We turned up on a windy Saturday morning without a booking, hoping to be able to join the tour. Luckily, it wasn't too busy so we could go. Now, I'm no cyclist (in fact, I don't really like it) and even I had a great time! Cycling out if the city was a bit scary but the tour guide was great at keeping a steady pace and making sure we were all safe. Once we were out of Bruges, It was really relaxed. You could go at your own pace and stop for as many pictures as you like (good for my other half who thinks he's David Bailey!). Our tour guide was full of interesting facts about the area and the history and the surrounding countryside was gorgeous! We even stopped for beer and a waffle, in true Belgian style! This is definitely a must do if you want to do something a bit different, away from all the tourists!

Antwerp, Belgium
3 attraction reviews
“disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

the worst tour & service ever!!!! We paid in advance everything but 2 weeks before our visit one friend she canceled (sickness) and we reported that to the responsible and she said she will pay it back but didnt see any of it!! It's a shame!! At least if you don't pay back your clients INVEST at least in your bicycles!!!