“Great service, location, value in Bruges B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bruges By Night Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruges
Bruges By Night Bed & Breakfast
You added Bruges By Night Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Annuntiatenstraat 86, Bruges 8000, Belgium   |
Ranked #56 of 213 Bruges B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great service, location, value in Bruges B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Stayed here Friday and Saturday night, in the upper bedroom (not rooms A or B) that accommodated three adults (a queen bed and a single). 95 euro per night total, which included breakfast and also free use of bicycles (normally limited to two bikes, but since the other guests left early, we were able to use an additional bike, also for free). Bikes are stored in a small garage down the block.

LOCATION - on a small side street a half-block from a canal and about a ten minute walk south to main Market Square. Street is residential and quiet.

ROOM - our room included a single large bedroom, a very large shower, a large room with double sinks and large new (non-built in) tub, and toilet in a small alcove. Room was very clean and minimalist (almost no furniture, but that was okay with us as we spent very little time in the room). A separate sitting room, with wonderful afternoon sun and comfortable relaxing chairs, was available on the floor below.

BREAKFAST - Wonderful! Included fruit, yogurt, cereal, homemade jams, chocolate, baked goods, freshly squeezed juice, hot chocolate or coffee or tea, and also cooked egg. When we passed the breads over to the other guests, we realized they already had an equally large basket of breads. On the second morning we had to leave early to catch our train, so we asked for a more simple breakfast and Dorinne gave us an equally wonderful meal, with some items to take along.

INNKEEPER - Dorinne was wonderfully nice and attentive in all ways. She helped us make dinner plans, gave us great detailed instructions and advice for our morning bike trip to nearby Damme, and even helped us with getting to the train station for an early Sunday morning departure.

Everything was wonderful with this bed and breakfast and we greatly enjoyed our stay in Bruges. Recommend Bruges by Night and would definitely stay here if we are ever lucky enough to return!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
South Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed two nights here over a weekend in the middle of a business trip. The location is just far enough from the center to be out of the tourist traffic. But take a ten minute stroll along the beautiful canals and your in the Market Square (five minutes by bike).

The service was excellent. Dorine really knows the city and gave me a lot of good advice. But it was the little things that really impressed me. I had forgotten to bring an electrical adapter. Dorine thought she had one but when she couldn't find it she said, "No problem. I'll just go out and buy one." And she did a load of laundry for me for 5 Euros. My hotel in Ypres was charging that much for one shirt! She had a parking spot for my rental car and the use of two bicycles is included in the price of the room and cycling is the best way to see the city.

And the food! Dorine makes her own preserves and they are wonderful. Every morning it was fresh baked breads, Dorine's home made preserves, a selection of cheese and meats and an egg any way you like it. Add a cup of coffee, tea or Belgian hot chocolate and some good conversation and there's no better way to start your day.

I highly recommend Bruges by Night for the service, food, location and value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was fantastic. The breakfast was superb and I would recommend Bruges by Night to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed at Bruges by Night for few days in the month of January. Excellent place, very convenient, Dorine and Gerrit the owners are very cooperative and I felt at home. Beautiful canals 50 meters from this place, market is 5 minutes walk from this place. Local bus stop is 2 minutes walk. Breakfast is SUPERB. Very good room with attached bathroom and toilet, excellent heating facility. I feel this should be number one B&B in Bruges as there are no negative things about the place. I am visiting Bruges again in Feb last week and shall be staying at the same place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I normally don't write online reviews... in fact, I don't have any accounts on travel websites such as this. However, our recent stay at Bruges By Night was worthy of sharing our great experience there. My wife and I loved it! The owners/managers, Dorine en Gerrit, have a great thing going! I would certainly recommend this bed & breakfast for objective, tangible reasons and for its "intangibles" or aura. All good! The location: It's a short walk to the markt and central Brugge, yet far enough to be away to be in a "real" neighborhood (with locals bar/cafe on the corner) and away from tourist mobs. The price: Very reasonable and fair, and a much better deal than most hotels and B&B's in Brugge (trust me, I checked). The rooms: Exceptionally clean ("spotless" is the only word that came to mind when we arrived there), artistic designs, modern, and cool (in the slang sense, not temperature ;-) ). The breakfasts: Dorine's breakfasts were perfect, of quality, and with many choices. She even revealed the Flemish magical secret of "Speculoos" (a regional breakfast spread for bread). Delicious! Or shall I say, "Heel lekker ontbijt!"). The bikes: Yes, two free bikes for use per room.... unlimited. Great idea!... particularly given the many great bicycle paths available in surrounding Flanders lowlands (be sure to ask Dorine for bike tour ideas!!... we had an awesome ride). And lastly, the aura: This is an intangible that is difficult to put to words. Basically, my wife and I just felt very "at home" at Bruges By Night... a nice place to come to home and to wake up to... particularly in such a nice town. This feeling is a both a function of the physical accommodation and the warm/friendly hosts. They are clearly very proud of their city and of their Flemish heritage, which carried through to making their guests feel very welcome and comfortable... a nice feeling. Perhaps Dorine and Gerrit should call it like it is, "Brugge By Night"!... not Bruges By Night! ;-)

So, the only negative we can say is that our visit to Bruges By Night was too short! Dank u wel...
~Moon & Don

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I was in Brugge recently for the first time and stayed at Bruges by Night for two days; on the whole, I was very impressed. The house itself (a 2.5-floor townhouse in peaceful northern Brugge, far from the noise of Vlamingstraat and the Markt) qualifies as an artistic achievement on its own: the B room, where I stayed, is highly modern in decor, while the dining and lounge are spacious and equally tasteful. Despite its angularity, though, the bedroom was quite comfortable; it was also exceptionally clean.

In terms of location, Bruges by Night is just far enough from the center of Brugge to be quiet and tourist-free, but near enough for easy access to restaurants, museums, etc. The hosts were very friendly and polite, and also immensely knowledgeable about the city. Breakfast was fantastic, with a remarkable array of homemade preserves, fresh breads and produce.

On the whole, an excellent, friendly place with tasteful style and great food. Perhaps a bit more expensive than other options, but worth every cent.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed here for the Ascension day in Bruges which is well celebrated and a peak time to travel to this charming medieval city.
the B&B itself was not my first choice but recommended to me from other higher rated b&b that were full for this holiday.
i travelled solo and considered my budget and booked a room here.
On the map it looked a little out of the area i would have prefered, but i arrived open minded and was charmed by the home and the quiet location which after 3 days left me feeling i had further discovered some areas of bruges you may not as a tourist, the city is so small that nothing is ever too far away.
My previous visit had been in freezing winter, i was lucky to experience some unexpected heat and sunshine and spent the whole time cycling on the free bike courtesy of the hosts.
At the breakfast which was lovely, fresh bread and jams an egg, coffee and fresh juice the hosts gave info on the green parts of bruges and cycle rides and maps.
My stay was comfortable in a quiet residential home, there are only 2 rooms in the b&b and best suited to couples or singles as the rooms are small with double beds so not ideal for friends get aways.
The hosts are artistic, the rooms show an individual taste which i liked and on chatting with them I get the impression they rent out the rooms for extra income as oppose to it being their main focus, they work hard and are not there all of the time, but on a city break neither am I , i like to sleep well, shower and get out and about, this is the perfect venue for this.
I'm glad i stayed here, had the use of the bike (which is worth around 12 euro a day) and got to see the residential and less tourist part of the city.
There is also a lovely conservatory shared with guests and the hosts to sit and make a cup of tea etc, tho i didn't use it, the weather was too beautiful I was out the whole time.
Im making my third visit to bruges next week with my friend so we havent made a reservation here As I've said it is better suited to couples or solo travel, but i love the city and would definately stay here again solo or with a partner.
Im rating it 5 stars on my experience based on budget, solo friendly, hospitality, free bikes, location better than expected and the fact i would return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bruges By Night Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!