“Luvvly chox” 5 of 5 stars

Derby, United Kingdom
69 attraction reviews
“Luvvly chox”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We are staying at a hotel across the square from where this place is so just called in and got some chocolates and florentines. They were lovely..... They didn't last long... pretty reasonably priced and quite moreish. We may have to pop over there again. The guy that served us was nice too. Quite chatty and helpful.

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bruges, Belgium
28 attraction reviews
“Great chocolates!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Marleen is friendly and helpful.
This little shop is a gem. Variety of chocolates, candies, cookies (also sugar free) in a box or a tin of your choosing.
Definitely try the homemade chocolates who come in a variety of flavors! Loved the herb ones!

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The woman who waited on us was incredibly rude. She rushed me and did not let me pick the chocolates I wanted. She told me the tins were empty and to pick a tin, then then chocolates, but then the tins turned out to have waffles and other stuff in them that I didn't want. She then tried to shove other things that we didn't want on us. All I wanted was a painted tin filled with chocolates. I left with a tin that she scratched when she scraped the price off it (which I didn't realize), and ended up with a bunch of stuff I didn't want. It was a terrible experience. We went to other places during our trip to Bruges where the people were much nicer and the chocolates better and we didn't feel like we were ripped off. She was too busy to wait on us and had some other guy pick out chocolates for us that we didn't even want. It was horrible. Not recommended at all.

Visited December 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We found this place about 10 years ago when we stumbled onto this fine chocolaterie. The lady who owns it is very passionate and has lots of different varieties to try.

Visited November 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Loved Chocolaterie de Burg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Unlike the previous review, I had an excellent experience at Chocolaterie de Burg. I walked in at 7:00, as the store was closing and the owner stayed open late to allow me and my friend to shop and to sample chocolates. I visited many Chocolateries in Brugge, and this was one of the few that had samples, which was a big plus. The owner engaged us in conversation, told us about her family business and took extra care to wrap up the chocolates I bought. I also found her prices for chocolates to be one of the least expensive in Brugge (and Brussesls and Ypres for that matter). A box of mixed filled chocolates was 4.75 Euros for 250 grams. That was definitely on the low end of what I paid. At another chocolaterie in Brugge, I paid 7.75 for chocolates of the same weight and they were not as good. Did I mention the quality of the chocolates? I sampled much chocolate in my trip to Belgium and this was hands down the best chocolate I ate. As I have given chocolates to friends on my return home, they also agreed that these, as one friend stated, were the "best chocolates" they have ever eaten. Whitman's Sampler, move over. I highly recommend this shop. It's a family run business, it's been in Brugge for a long time and most importantly, the chocolates are delightful. I wouldn't miss this store if you are in Brugge!

Visited October 2013