“Ice Sculptures” 5 of 5 stars

Wakefield, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Ice Sculptures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is one of the highlights of our trips to Bruges - we were sad to see that the chip/waffle place is now a Starbucks :( but I suppose that is progress - Panos is still there :) excellent service there

Anyway - the car park at the Station - its the centre of all life - buses galore - brilliant service - and having the shops (including a Carrefour) is an added bonus.

This year the theme for the Ice Sculptures was Fantasy - it was our 3rd year visiting - every year just gets better. We noticed straight away that the exhibition was a lot colder this time - mainly because of the delicacy of the exhibits - the detail was astounding - it never ceases to amaze me :)

It was also lovely that they were cordoned off - so they wouldnt get damaged (due to the fragility of some of the pieces) and the flooring was excellent. It was the last weekend of it and was so busy - but people were not pushy and it was easy to saunter about .

I have to say as well that we do like the station itself - lovely and clean, any staff we have spoken to have been helpful - and the wee lady who looks after the toilets is a gem.

Visited January 2013

United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“The food in the cafe was very good, and excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were in the vicinity of the ice show so the station's café was particularly convenient for us. The food was very good, and excellent value for a warming lunch.

Dublin, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
“Rudest man I've ever encountered”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I arrived at the station where a man behind the desk deliberated ignored me when I went to the desk then when I started queueing for another counter he called over someone who was behind me in the queue, when that man was finished I went over and asked my question and was given the most rude abupt dismissive reply... How he got a job in customer service is quite beyond me!

Lancashire
“what a surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The bar/cafe at Bruges railway station is definitely worth a look in. The room has an old worldy charm, the bar extensive and the food on offer puts any British rail station food outlet to real shame. Portions are also huge and we had croque monsieur and the biggest omelet ever seen. All cooked to order really well. Worth a visit before you catch your train.

Ipswich
9 attraction reviews
“Better than Brussels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

good station, neat, well laid out. MUCH MUCH better than Brussels which looks vaguely like something from the old soviet era, but not nearly as warm and inviting!

Small supermarket near entrance, few bar/cafes and a subway sandwich bar, make for a well equipped station.