“Will go again” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bruges, Belgium
“Will go again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went with my friends. The food was so delicious & cheap. They have a nice terrace also. Restaurant's decoration is so beautiful. The waiter boy was very helpful & friendly. Definitely, I'll go there again.

Bruges
“A taste of India in Bruges”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Real authentic tasting Indian food cooked to order. Service is very friendly and prices reasonable. Who could ask for more!!

Roeselare, Belgium
“i can,t campare any other indian resturan with shalimar simple the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I really can't compare any other restaurant in Bruges with Shalimar its simply the best food excellent service perfect I felt home feelings . very nice decorated , price so good that every one can afford to have best Indian food in beautiful place like Shalimar . free parking peaceful, siting in Belgium feeling like siting in India. nice terrace with painting of Shalimar garden on wall .what else do we need then having this in restaurant . we had good dinner for 4persons in 70€ isn't it amazing we will love to go back to Shalimar . we wish you good luck Shalimar

Brugge
“Expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had an ok evening, but I wouldn't return since I've had better Indian food at other places for a cheaper price.

The place looks very nice and cosy and the food wasn't bad, just nothing special and with the price in mind somewhat actually somewhat poor in our opinion. Also the waiter was somewhat pushy to get my order since I hadn't made up my mind yet and therefor I had to order in a hurry. Friends of me that went there said the same thing, cause the waiter pushed them to order wine while they didn't want any.

My starter was a seekh kebab which was delicious in taste but somewhat dry but I was happy to order it cause my girls tandoori chicken drum was a bit bland and not really worth the price. When my main came I was very dissapointed to see that the tiger prawns were in fact just shrimps without their tails so they looked and were very small and they had the same kinda bland tandoori marinade as the chicken drum. Only thing that was under there were onions..

Overal not too bad of an experience, but you won't see us there again...

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ichtegem, Belgium
“good indian food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

very good indian food at a reasonable price. very nice interior also. been here a few times and we think it's the best indian in bruges at the best price.

Visited October 2012