“Delightful Place! Great people, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Bourgoensch Hof to your Saves list
Hotel Bourgoensch Hof
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wollestraat 39, Bruges 8000, Belgium   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #50 of 101 Hotels in Bruges
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Delightful Place! Great people, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed for just one night at this quaint hotel with a canal facing room. What a superb hotel. Great location and amazingly friendly staff. I forgot my glasses in the hotel and they are sending the same to me by courier! Highly recommend this hotel as its also centrally located.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

A lovely spot overlooking the canal. Close to the market square and many of the beautiful attractions. Front desk staff was very helpful. The lady who sets out breakfast and cleans the rooms is very friendly. The size of the room was a pleasant surprise - larger than most in North America. I requested a quiet room and we got one. The only negative would be the shower - more like a bath with a hand held shower.

Room Tip: Room 311 is quiet.
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

the owner of the hotel is very hands on and very willing to share...the room is large and the bathtub is excellent...i am very leery about tubs because they can get slippery...but this tub is very secure feeling...the breakfast room is one of the most well appointed rooms of all my stays...some of the tables overlook the canal...the food is adequate enough to get a good start on the day,

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for three nights in a budget room -- and it's clear why it was a "budget" room. The room has seen its better days. Moisture damage in bathroom fixtures (no fan), window pane was not completely sealed, and mould/mildew growth. The room looks out into a small shady space.

The hotel is in a great location, and offers great canal views from some rooms and restaurant. The staff was great and plentiful breakfast offerings. Pay more for a standard/canal view room, since that is where the strength of this hotel lies and reflective of most of the reviews here -- not in the budget rooms.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you have planned for an overnight stay at Brugges, you can definitely give Hotel Bourgoensch a try. Central location and rooms offering a great view of the canal is what you get.

Rooms & Amenities : Check-in was smooth, we had no complaints about the service and the staff were friendly. However, we are not a very demanding couple when it comes to service. The rooms are spacious, though they look a bit faded. Bed was comfortable, and the toilet clean. Breakfast spread is simple, croissants, breads, fruit basket, cold cuts, cereals , assortment of spreads, choices of tea , and coffee. Though the rooms facing the canals offer great view, they do not manage to keep the noise of the canal operators out during the day(9am-6pm).

Location : The hotel is located on a street leading to the city centre. You can reach all the interesting spots within minutes, and to top it the canal facing rooms offer some of the best view of the canal.

Pros & Cons : View from the room(provided you take the canal facing rooms) and the location would be the reasons for my up vote. On the down side, the room that we got does seem to have seen better days and during the day the room does not keep the noise generated by the canal tour operators out.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to people who plan to spend a night or two in Brugge. The location and the canal facing rooms are worth the money that you spend.

Room Tip: Get a canal facing room, even though they cost more.
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I’m always somewhat reluctant to give a bad review and genuinely try to be fair and measured in my feedback but given I rely heavily on Trip Advisor when making my hotel choices, I feel a responsibility to be totally honest and hopefully of help to others So, first of all, I want to state that I am very surprised by previous glowing reviews of this hotel because it is little more than a 2 star guest house. Beginning with the (only) positive: we got the room we asked for (302). It was requested because of a review I had read; which mentioned it was on ground floor with a nice view. The latter was very true but it was on the LOWER ground floor, so lots of steps to negotiate with big suit cases; which I had forewarned the owners of. We are a couple in our sixties and had been travelling for 3 weeks by the time we got to Bruges, so we weren’t exactly travelling light. Yet, there was no offer of help on check-in or indeed at checkout, when we specifically asked for it. Front office staff in fact were remarkably unhelpful throughout our stay - E.G. when I mentioned to the receptionist that the poor lady who was trying to replenish the (very basic) breakfast offerings on her own, as well as keep the tables cleared - the receptionist didn't bother to look in the restaurant to check the situation but rather, had ‘a chat’ with the woman who trying her best to keep on top of things – there was no effort to help fix the problem; which had become so significant that not one single table was clean & guests had resorted to doing it themselves! We also came back to our room @ 4pm on day one and found our room still wasn't made up. At this point I needed a sleep so told them not to bother. The next day they came late again & still didn't replenish bathroom supplies; so we had one tiny tablet of soap to wash 2 people for a 3 day stay. Only when I asked for more soap was it provided. And, with no milk provided for coffee, they eventually gave us some powdered milk – but only after I’d told them twice that we didn’t have any in our room. They seem to be 'playing at' being hoteliers but really need to get their act together & if they can't afford more staff then the owners need to roll up their sleeves when required – it’s not that hard – just open your eyes and respond to the need. Currently this hotel is definitely not worthy of the 3 stars it boasts. The only thing in its favour is the location but, in that, it was very difficult to find, even with a reliable GPS. We circumnavigated Bruges 3 times before finding the entrance & then found there was nowhere to unload nearby & despite a couple of phone calls to advise we were struggling to find the place, there was no offer of help. Having now spent 3 days in Bruges, I can advise that there are far better options available & quite honestly a canal view certainly shouldn't be a priority when it comes TO the overall enjoyment of this charming town.
PS) loud speakers from many canal tour boats that pass by all day, can also be a problem.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a fantastic stay at Hotel Bourgoensch Hof! My room was spacious and had gorgeous big windows with a view of the canal and church. The bed was comfy and I slept well. The location is perfect for exploring the city as you are right by the Burg and Markt!

Due to the age of the hotel (which also adds to its charm) the walls can be a bit thin, but I found that turning on the fan/heater created a bit of white noise to help with that and it was not an issue.

Breakfast hit the spot and the staff was exceptionally friendly--even helped me with my poor Flemish!!

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: If you can, definitely splurge for a room with a view of the canal! I had room #321 and the views we...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Bourgoensch Hof? Share your experiences!