We stayed here for 3 days during early May and loved every aspect of the Hotel Jan Brito! The building is beautiful...the rooms are all well appointed and the courtyard is a sight to behold. The breakfast is TOP NOTCH...unlike any other hotel buffet breakfast we've ever had! You had everything from eggs, bacon, sausage to bread, rolls, donuts to yogurt, fruit, ham and cheese...and of course juices and coffee and cereal. Each day the spread was the same, always full, and always delicious. This really added a ton of value to our stay here as meals can really be pricey in Bruges. We stayed in one of the "maid's rooms" on the 4th floor and it was great! The old rafters are all exposed but the bed, linens, washroom are all up-to-date...so you get some history along with clean, up-to-date comforts. The service was great too. I would highly recommend this hotel to other travelers and would imagine that if our "maid's room" was this good, the other more expensive rooms must be fantastic!
- Well situated, easy to walk to all of the sights and restaurants in town.
- AMAZING breakfast, great value!
- Wi-fi was working everywhere in the hotel.
- Clean, well appointed rooms.
- Friendly service at reception and always willing to answer our questions.
- It's in Bruges, which is an absolutely fantastic place to visit!
- Very welcoming to us, a same-sex couple.
- The only thing I can think of is the room key system. Each room has an actual key, so when you leave you need to turn it into reception. A few times we returned and asked for our room key and were not asked our names, ID, etc. We hadn't seen some of the staff before, so we wondered a bit about the overall security of our belongings in the room as they didn't seem to do much about verifying our identity before turning over the room key.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the center of Bruges in a 16th-century listed building. Much more than the exterior has been preserved. This impressive mansion has been tastefully refurbished, conserving unique decorations from former centuries: marble mantelpieces, paintings, oak staircase, exposed oak beams. Quietly situated in the heart of Bruges : 20 mtrs from the most romantic and picturesque canals, 200 mtrs from the Burg square (City Hall) and Market square (Belfry). 37 Rooms fully en-suite, hairdryer, telephone, television with English language programs, minibar, free coffee and tea making facilities. Breakfast buffet, lift, bar, wifi, lounge, large renaissance garden with 100 year old beech tree. Public underground parking at only 200 meters (please make a reservation). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Jan Brito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jan Brito Hotel
- Jan Brito Bruges