“Charming B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dieltiens Gastenkamers Guestrooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruges
Dieltiens Gastenkamers Guestrooms
You added Dieltiens Gastenkamers Guestrooms to your Saves list
Peerdenstraat 16, Bruges, Belgium   |
Ranked #106 of 215 Bruges B&B and Inns
Sacramento, California
“Charming B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at Koen & Annemie Dieltiens' charming B&B, and we were thoroughly pleased with our accommodations. Our room was tastefully decorated and clean with a comfortable bed and modern conveniences. The B&B is located on a quiet street a short walk from the center of town. The breakfast is very substantial with a lot of variety, and it is served in their lovely dining room. This was a great place to recover from jet lag. Considering cost, comfort and location, I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

Koen and Annemie open their home for travelers and give you a really nice experience.

We arrived from a long day of flights and trains around 11 pm. Annemie was there to greet us and even gave my wife something for our honeymoon. SO SWEET!

Our room was large, quiet and beautiful.

The B&B is on a SUPER quiet street. Close enough o the canals and main area. Honestly, it was just perfect.

The breakfast was the best part.
I uploaded a photo of the room with the table set for breakfast.
Every morning it was hearty and delicious... and there are other travelers there to talk about your experiences.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Liked — The owners and location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

My fiance and I cannot say enough about this wonderful B&B. We stayed here for two nights in August and loved the location and the rooms. The B&B has an authentic feel to it, with windy, narrow staircases and wood floors. The room itself was rather large with a very clean bathroom. Annemei was a wonderful hostess and provided us with a lovely breakfast each morning. The location was also fabulous. It's an easy bus ride to and from the train station and an easy walk to everywhere else in town. The prices were also extremely reasonable and we really felt like we got to experience the real Bruges. If we ever go back to Bruges, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Seoul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

Dieltiens was a great B&B to stay at in Bruges. The house is large, inviting, decorated with art and graced by a kind host and hostess. The room we had on an upper floor (no elevator and you carry your own bags up the steep stairs) was large, well furnished with a very comfortable bed and a nice view of roof tops and courtyards. The location is fantastic, a five minute walk from the heart of the city and a five minute walk from bus stops connecting to the train station. Breakfast is served around a large round table to all guests, and there is a nice chance to meet and talk with new people there. The 12 or so guests that shared the house with us were from Germany, Australia, Japan, France, the U.S. (me) and Korea (my wife). This was not a young crowd and the B&B would be great for families or couples. Breakfast was continental. There was cereal, bread, rolls, cheese, cold cuts, yogurt, chocolate, great coffee, tea, and some fruit. The only disappointment was that there were not eggs, bacon, or other hot dish. Breakfast was firstrate nonetheless. The B&B was a great place to stay and I would very gladly stay there again. Most importantly it lies in the midst of one of the most charming cities I have visited. If you haven't been to Bruges, go, and when you do go you will be happy at Dieltiens B&B.

• Liked — The comfort, charm, price, and location!
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Dieltiens' B&B near the end of June. It is a delightful house in a good location. They were very friendly and welcoming. This was my husband's first experience in a B&B and he enjoyed it very much. The room was a decent size, clean, and a small but up to date bathroom. Breakfast was very nice and it was fun to talk with the other guests, plus you can't beat the price. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone coming to Brugge. Also, we loved Brugge. It is a fun, yet, laid back town with tons of great food!

• Liked — friendly atmosphere and location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2007

I stayed here last year with my cousin and it was amazing! We rated all the hotels on the bed and bedding and this one was tied for number 1! The beds were super comfy and the comforters were so plush! Our bathroom was brand new and very clean, we opted to reuse our towels but they were rehung perfectly each day. The breakfast was outstanding and probably the best we had! They start you off with hot chocolate, coffee or tea, we both opted for hot chocolate the owner brought out a beautiful china hot chocolate pot for each of us. I think it was basically melted chocolate with cream! I LOVE chocolate so this was heaven for me! They also had beautiful breads, fruit, cheese, yogurt and meats. They have a computer for the guests to use which was handy and a map of good restaurants also handy. The only downside about this beautiful home is that it has a windy staircase that could be very difficult for elderly guests. Request the room on the top floor facing the street and you will not be sorry!

• Liked — The beds, the bathroom, the breakfast, the location
  • Disliked — We loved everything! But the stairs could be hard for some people.
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Taipei / London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

Stayed here in June 2006 with three female friends.

Arrived after midnight on Eurostar but host accommodating. Took taxi from station (11 or 12 euros I think it was) but it is within walking distance, 20~25 minutes perhaps. A very pleasant walk during the day.

We had 2 rooms (H and A) - both quite pretty. Accessible from steep staircase. Walls in rooms decorated with unique paintings; radio alarm on bedside table; small but clean ensuite with shower; television set. Good water pressure. Spare duvets and pillows and kettle in the closet. Mattresses in my room were good.

A filling breakfast is served in beautiful room on ground floor. Met and chatted with other tourists from the U.S. and France.

Street outside is quiet at night, though location is very good - 1 minute to Fishmarket (Vismarkt on the maps, I believe) and a short walk - less than 10 minutes certainly - to the Burg and the Markt, the two main squares in the centre of the town.

Koen and Annemie have their own website. The rate was entirely reasonable.

All in all a relaxing and pretty house to stay in. Hosts are charming and helpful. There are a lot of B&Bs in Bruges, though, and I have only tried this one. Not sure how it compares with the others.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Dieltiens Gastenkamers Guestrooms? Share your experiences!