“Perfect place to stay in Brugge.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 't Keizershof

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bruges
Hotel 't Keizershof
Oostmeers 126, Bruges 8000, Belgium   |
Ranked #22 of 101 hotels in Bruges
Perth, Australia
“Perfect place to stay in Brugge.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

This is our second stay with Stefaan and family and each time we enjoy it more and more. Prime location, simple but great rooms, plentiful breakfast (with speculoos spread if course) all at a more than reasonable price. Love it!

• Stayed August 2012

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were driving in Europe and decided to come to Bruges. It is not an easy place to drive in with narrow streets and a nightmare one-way system. After parking in the train station and walking into the walled city, we discovered this hotel. It is brilliantly located and had parking in the back of the hotel. The room was very basic but clean and the area was quiet. There are 2 restaurants beside the hotel and they both serve very reasonably priced food. The breakfast was lovely and typically Belgian with breads, cheese and sweet spreads. There was also plenty of it and the service we received was very helpful and friendly. The only negative aspect is that the bathroom and toilet facilities are shared. So, we had a bit of a wait for use of the shower. Overall, I would definitely stay in this hotel again. It was a pleasure!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is about the best value you can find in this town! Love their motto "When you're sleeping, we look just like those big fancy hotels." Absolutely true. Don't stay here if you like lounging in your room on your trip. Our room was tiny, but a clean (albeit not the most comfortable bed/pillows) place to rest your head after a long lovely day of experiencing Brugge. Perfect location and great hosts - they let us keep our bags there between check-out and the time our train left.

Room Tip: Room #7 is super tiny.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
WNC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

A hands-on / family-operated "pension-style" hotel ....... for the price of a (Bruggian) hostel!
Pluses Galore: - Excellent Location: Train Station- <2 min. / Marktplatz- 10 min. (yes, walking)
- Highly Hospitable
- Decent Breakfast Provided
Only significant downside: Substandard (comfort-wise) beds ..... an issue which can (and I'm sure will) be easily resolved.
Another highly-recommended "hotel".

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sun Lakes, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I can not say enough about Stefaan and Hilde, not only do they run a clean, well located (easy walking from the train station) charming hotel, they went over and beyond for me. I lost a very important notebook with all of my banking/savings info in it (I know, it was stupid of me for even having it with me,however I was in Europe for 64 days and needed to keep track of things) and didn't even notice it was missing until several days later in Canterbury England. I emailed the places I had stayed and Stefaan and Hilde replied immediately saying that not only did they have it they had run to the train station to try to return it to me. Well they immediately mailed it to my address in England and I received it before I continued on my journey. I can tell you I was sooo relieved. I totally recommend them and the resturant next door (have the Flemish stew).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We found this via Rick Steves and were glad we had. The hotel is close enough to the train station to pull our suitcases (we are 65) and very affordable. The stairs to second floor are steep but which ones aren't? The room is small, but very clean. The hotel was perfect for the couple of days that it takes to see Bruges. If we were staying for a week, we would have considered more luxury, but this is very well located and good "bang for the buck." We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Email early if traveling during a busy season.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

When visiting such a beautiful city as Bruges, you really have to ask how much time are you going to spend in your room? Once you have worked out that bit, the delightfully simple and charming Hotel 't Keizershof makes complete sense. Why do you need a television or a mini bar when you have an amazing selection of restaurants and bars (including one right next door).

The owners, Stefaan & Hilde, are charming and friendly. They work hard and keep the place spotless. Wifi, parking and a very generous breakfast are all included in their rates.

In summary, great value, great location and friendly owners. Perfect!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel 't Keizershof? Share your experiences!