“Great meal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 549 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: A friendly, privately run restaurant, close to the centre of Bruges. Specialising in a volonte (all you can eat) spare ribs which can be ordered succulently slow-cooked or tradional barbequed for that extra bite! Other specialities on our menu include fajitas, as well as excellent T-Bone and Rib-eye steaks. All this can be washed down with some of the regions finest beers.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked the Ribs 'n Beer on line and there was no problem with the booking, the table was ready on our arrival. The range of beers is not the same as in other bars/restaurants but then if all you want is beer then go to one of the many bars.
The service was prompt, the guys came to us really quickly and our beers arrived within a few minutes. We had the all you can eat ribs, I had the spicy ribs and my wife had the chocolate sauce ribs. We managed three top ups and that was enough for us as there was plenty of meat on the ribs and they were cooked to perfection.
The atmosphere is good by Bruges standards with some background rock classics going on. I would thoroughly recommend a meal at the Ribs 'n Beer and we intend to go back when we next visit Bruges. I guess that any restaurant can have an off night and I can only speak as I found it and it was exactly what we expected and really good value for money.

• Visited October 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Ribs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After reading the Trip advisor reviews this restaurant was a must and it was not a disappointment. The service was excellent and as with most restaurant staff in Bruges their English was faultless - a humbling experience. My wife, who's not a lover of ribs, decided on their signature dish and found them succulent and virtually fat free. I felt that these were some of the best ribs I've tasted and compared favourably with the ribs I had in Mickey Mantles restaurant in New York. The NY restaurant has now closed but if Ribs 'n Beer stick to what they do best they'll continue to thrive in the very competitive Bruges restaurant scene.
The advice on the range of beers was detailed and the staff were extremely helpful in guiding guests to a beer that suits them perfectly. My wife, a wine lover, enjoyed over a litre of quality Belgian beer! This restaurant should be on everyone's to-do list when visiting Bruges but be warned; it's very popular and I strongly recommend that you book. Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Fab Ribs & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

There were 8 of us we were very glad we had reserved a table as whilst we were there staff had to turn away another resturant sitting of customers!! This place hit the spot for all in our party from young kids to teenagers and the grown up's. Ribs were delicious and I would recommend the Nachos too. Service wwas very good it was also excellent value for money.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
london
“Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were a group of 12. The staff were friendly, the other customers pleasant and I never knew that ribs could taste so good.

Well worth the extra walk out of the town centre to better food at a better price.

• Visited September 2012
uk
“Excellent food, friendly and great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited Bruges for the first time and was recommended Ribs n Beer. The food was really good, nice friendly atmosphere and we were made to feel very welcome. Nachos are amazing and so are the chocolate ribs. A must for anyone visiting this city! The only downside was we got so full we couldn't eat any more!

• Visited September 2012