“Great hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 101 hotels in Bruges
Vancouver, Canada
“Great hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I got a really good deal via PriceLine.

Often time hotel will write down the price of the stay and treat their customers accordingly. I don't feel that I was treated any differently from other regular rate customers. The front desk staffs were all very friendly and helpful. They were quite flexible and accommodating for the bed choice. They offered great suggestions for places to visits, gave very detailed directions and agreed to print out train tickets. The location is close to all the attractions in town. The room was clean and comfortable.

All in all, I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Bruges.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

804 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel is modern and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included in many of the rates. I had two breakfasts included in my room, but they gave me two more for free (I had four in my party). The hotel location is perfect and is right in the middle of town. It made it very easy to loop back for access to the bathroom, to drop off souvenirs, or to pick up a jacket. As with many European hotels, the rooms aren’t particularly large. Our room had two queen beds, but with my two teenagers, it was a tight fit. If I were to stay for any length of time, I would bite the bullet and get two rooms. Overall, a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

It is in the middle of everything and the food in the restaurant is good. The connection to WiFi is not that good. It is very clean and organize. The portions of the food in the restaurant are extremely big. In general it is a very good hotel and in the best location

• Stayed July 2013
Lille, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I spent 2 days for my birthday and had a lovely stay. I requested a nice room with a nice view and it was. The room was not very big but the bed was so confy ! We had a late room sevicefuring the night and it was delicious ! The breakfast was okay but too expensive. The parking below the hotel is convenient. The pool was very nice as we were alone but i guess that with many oter guest it could be to small and no privacy.
The staff is very nice. The location is perfect ! Right in the old town..5 minutes from the main sqare ! Very good hotel !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were so helpful, especially daphne and Werner. As we are just making decisions on the go, we hadn't booked anywhere. I decided we might stay at another crowne plaza. Daphne booked brussels for us. The location at bruges was so central , you walked out the door and you were in the plaza. There was a museum and relics in the basement

• Stayed June 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed here more than ten times. That should say enough. It is right in the centre of town and the staff are excellent. Because I like this hotel so much I joined their loyalty scheme ( priority club - but due to change in July to IHG). I get an automatic upgrade and was able to stay in a Junior Suite for the price of an executive room. The loyalty scheme is for all Intercontinental Group Hotels but only worth joining if you are going to stay about 20 days a year - anywhere. Car Park charges are 21euros per day - good value compared to staying out of town and searching and paying for car park charges. Lots to do within walking distance of the hotel - the staff gave a discount card for a museum pass, which again was good value. It was a great location for popping back to our room for a nice cup of tea. Good food is available here with a recently revitalised restaurant. I did not eat here this stay - lots of choice in the near vicinity, but I have been very pleased with the meals on previous stays.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be of a good size for an inner city hotel. You may be tempted to go for a room ove...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Don't get me wrong. This is a nice hotel located right in the middle of Bruges. The rooms are good and up to the normal standard for a Crown Plaza hotel, But really the staff in the "front line" of the service need to understand that it is the customer that pays their wages. I don't expect a red carpet, but service in the restaurant / cafe on the ground floor would be a novelty and no one asks whether "everything is alright" or whether your stay was enjoyable. At breakfast you can forget a smile, you might get a grudging "good morning" before "your room number is"? My record for being totally ignored was set this week at aroun 10 minutes before a sullen waitress informed me that the section of the restaurant I was sitting in was out of use. Then instead of explaining where I could sit and what menun I could expect she just walked off ?? Shame as the reception staff are normally quite pleasant. This is not a one off either, I stayed here many many times and the attitude is always the same.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BruggeCPB, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Brugge, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. I first want to apologize for the unfriendly service you received in PlazaCafé. It is for me very important that my staff is open, friendly and helpful. In this case this was absolutely not the situation. If I understood well you visit our hotel frequently so I really would like to speak in person with you about this situation to learn more about your opinion. I will definitely take necessary steps to improve the overall friendliness in our restaurant.

Best regards

Lucas Bakx

Been to Crowne Plaza Brugge? Share your experiences!