Don't get me wrong. This is a nice hotel located right in the middle of Bruges. The rooms are good and up to the normal standard for a Crown Plaza hotel, But really the staff in the "front line" of the service need to understand that it is the customer that pays their wages. I don't expect a red carpet, but service in the restaurant / cafe on the ground floor would be a novelty and no one asks whether "everything is alright" or whether your stay was enjoyable. At breakfast you can forget a smile, you might get a grudging "good morning" before "your room number is"? My record for being totally ignored was set this week at aroun 10 minutes before a sullen waitress informed me that the section of the restaurant I was sitting in was out of use. Then instead of explaining where I could sit and what menun I could expect she just walked off ?? Shame as the reception staff are normally quite pleasant. This is not a one off either, I stayed here many many times and the attitude is always the same.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Brugge Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Brugge Hotel Bruges
- Crowne Plaza Bruges
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Brugge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza hotel Brugge is situated in the city centre of the charming and romantic city of Bruges, conveniently located on the magnificent Burg Square, adjacent to the historic Town Hall and the Chapel of Holy Blood. The Crowne Plaza hotel Brugge has 96 full renovated air-conditioned rooms with TV, pay TV, iron,coffee&tea facilities, mini bar and safe.The wellness and recreational centre offers a pool, a fitness room and a sauna.The Crowne Plaza hotel offers a new restaurant concept with PlazaCafé. A hip and trendy restaurant(with a superb terrace from March until November) and serves an excellent breakfast buffet, lunch and diner. Enjoy a nice coffee or Belgium beer. Every Sundaylunch a family buffet is served. The PlazaCafé Bar is an ideal meeting place, with its comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Meetings-conferences-banquets For a modern decor in warm colours we can propose the Burgh Room (for up to 250 people). If you prefer historic surroundings we can organise an unforgettable banquet in our 14th century cellar or amidst the ancient foundations of the old St Donaas Church. Free wifi available through the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Brugge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.