OK, so this is not the most picturesque or romantic hotel but it is well located and quiet. The staff were helpful and welcoming and made our stay enjoyable. The room was large and overlooked the square - the decor is a little tired but I think they are gradually renovating the hotel. For us, and in particular, Mum, the presence of a lift was also a benefit.
Breakfast was included in our rate and suited us as we had our Mum with us and she welcomed a break from venturing across cobbles for food! It was a generous buffet but the hot food tended to cool quickly if you were not there when it was fresh from the kitchen. Bread, cold meats and cheese all fresh and well presented.
What the hotel really lacks is a good space for an evening drink. You can have a drink outside which is OK as long as it is warm but as the evening cools the only place is a small area inside the restaurant. Its not really conducive to a relaxed evening and feels as though you are shut away. The older part of the hotel did have a bar but that is no longer in use - a shame as that had character. This means that there isn't really a relaxing public space to sit and talk with friends so that people just tend to pass through reception and on to their rooms - a little clinical for a 4 star hotel.
I would most definitely return as its location and the staff make it an excellent base to enjoy this gem of a city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza hotel Brugge is situated in the city centre of the charming and romantic city of Bruges, conveniently located on the magnificent Burg Square, adjacent to the historic Town Hall and the Chapel of Holy Blood. The Crowne Plaza hotel Brugge has 96 full renovated air-conditioned rooms with TV, pay TV, iron,coffee&tea facilities, mini bar and safe.The wellness and recreational centre offers a pool, a fitness room and a sauna.The Crowne Plaza hotel offers a new restaurant concept with PlazaCafé. A hip and trendy restaurant(with a superb terrace from March until November) and serves an excellent breakfast buffet, lunch and diner. Enjoy a nice coffee or Belgium beer. Every Sundaylunch a family buffet is served. The PlazaCafé Bar is an ideal meeting place, with its comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Meetings-conferences-banquets For a modern decor in warm colours we can propose the Burgh Room (for up to 250 people). If you prefer historic surroundings we can organise an unforgettable banquet in our 14th century cellar or amidst the ancient foundations of the old St Donaas Church. Free wifi available through the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Venere, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Brugge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Brugge Hotel Bruges
- Crowne Plaza Bruges
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Brugge