“Great Location, Spacious Room, Full Breakfast, Helpful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #49 of 101 Hotels in Bruges
Canada
“Great Location, Spacious Room, Full Breakfast, Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights and highly recommend it . It is located just around the corner from the main square. If you are driving, your GPS will take you close to it, but you'll need a map for the last few hundred metres or so! Parking is provided, for a fee. Our room was very spacious. It included a separate sitting room that could be closed off from the bedroom with French doors. A full breakfast in an elegantly decorated breakfast room was included. Staff members were particularly helpful with directions and advice on local sights.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

This hotel could not be better-located right in the very centre of beautiful Bruges, yet in a quiet side street.
Thinking we had been allocated just a double room in this hotel (as part of a Eurostar package), we were really pleasantly surprised to find that we were actually given what was almost a split-level apartment with a large lounge on the ground floor (complete with armchairs) and spacious bedroom, big modern bathroom / separate WC upstairs. We had no less than two flat screen TVs - one on each floor, two large wardrobes, safe, tea/coffee making facilities - you name it, it was there. We were charged no extra for anything. Everything was spotless; rooms cleaned every day - crisp white cotton sheets, feather duvets and towels all changed daily; no detail was overlooked.
Reception staff were friendly and helpful, even down to the gorgeous grey talking macaw in the reception area.
The hotel even has a small indoor swimming pool.
Our only regret is that we didn't try the hotel breakfast as we were always too late and missed it - the dining room looked very pleasant.
Next time we come to Bruges we will definitely be staying here again.
Why have I given it 4 out of 5? Only because there was no electric socket in the bedroom, so I was unable to use my mosquito plug-in and I got bitten, as I do everywhere I go!
Not the hotel's fault as mozzies are around at this time of year (and Bruges' canals attract them) but I could have avoided quite a bit of discomfort, had I been able to use my plug-in
in the bedroom, where it was needed. A minor niggle, but all in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a very good standard of accommodation at a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

very disappointing hotel for a four star. The only positive was the location central to town. Staff unhelpful and never appeared to have staff available in reception. Internet room was disgusting. tea and coffee facilites was awful. Coffee machine not working kettle left on side dirty cups were left piled up from the day before and not cleared away. Room dark poor light no air conditioning dull walls. No satilete TV. Breakfast was average scrambld egg cold. The lift was dirty not hoovered dusty and needed a good clean. We walked into the hotel without prior booking staff did not promote the hotel and the fact it had a splash pool and sauna which was disappointing and we had to find this out ourselves! My husband and I found the bed uncomfortable and the following day noticed we had been biten after sleeping in the bed. We have stayed in 9 hotels throughout europe and this was the worst and the very poor for a Best western. Would not reccommend this to anyone

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Scot in the US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

We paid for an upgraded room to get the included free breakfast which was poor (I don't want champagne for breakfast)- the room was OK but I don't think I would have liked an 'ordinary' room. There was no coffee in the room but I got a kettle and cups from reception but EVERY day I had to ask for coffee.There was a problem with my credit card 2 nights before (I had lost the card for the booking) and was told that if I didn't produce a new one the booking would be cancelled-I phoned the hotel twice to do this. The staff were unfriendly (except for the one guy). I came home with 15 insect bites. The only plus point was the location.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
rob140567
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

If you want a hotel which is bang in the middle of town and makes everything within walking distance then this is the place. Hotel itself was great, room very large, clean and comfortable. Parrott is the star turn in reception and breakfast is good although much better to be had within the town. I have booked again for next December and after one visit I dont think it will ever be Christmas without a trip to Bruges and I cant see any reason not to return to this great hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Cambridgeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel and found it to be excellent. The room was huge with a separate lounge and a massive bathroom. The staff could not have been any friendlier or helpful. Although there were no tea/coffee facilities in the room, you could request a kettle in your room.
There was a coffee room downstairs with facilities to make tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc and we found this much more sociable to make a drink and sit in reception where we were thoroughly entertained by the multi linguistic parrot who wolf whistles and talks.
The location is superb, just 2 minutes walk away from the main market area.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

We stayed only for one night--a Friday and were entirely happy with the Hotel. We had read many reviews--bugs, unhelpful staff etc. but all of these past reviews did not reflect our experience.
We were met at the reception by Siska, the Hotel Owner and a member of the reception staff, who it turns out had worked there for over ten years. We were warmly greeted and any questions we had were answered in full with lots of addidtional info added.
The Hotel entrance is impressive as is the foyer. We went to our room on the second floor and were delighted when we entered. The room was newly refurbished-modern style-clean-large bathroom with a generous supply of toiletries and towels. BUT best of all--the room had a vaulted high ceiling and a view of the Markt tower. (The room no. was 201 but don't tell anybody!!!)
We slept well--(no bites!) and enjoyed a lovely Champagne breakfast in the morning. There was a large choice of items to choose for breakfast and the staff on duty were efficient and pleasant.
We were informed by the Hotel that the remaining unrefurbished rooms will be upgraded in the new year. It may well be that the wide discrepancies in reviews will boil down to one issue--did you get allocated a refurbished room or not!!!
We are long term visitors to Bruges and I must say that our stay at the Acacia was one of the best experiences that we have had in the town.
We ate at Pieter Pourbus restaurant on Friday evening and had a very fine meal--but you must book.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Acacia? Share your experiences!