“Very Good Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Falls Church, Virginia
“Very Good Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

But not great.
It's very clean and relatively spacious.
Wonderfully situated near the Markt.
The breakfast was average.
The bed was not that comfortable.
The hotel staff was WONDERFUL!!!! They went out of their way to help us with our reservation and booking restaurants!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

973 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Turkish first
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We chose this hotel for its access to central Bruges and its wheelchair access, and booked far in advance. And luckily so, walk in rates are double!
Very historic, the lower level looked downright ancient, the small pool from out of the 15th century.
The staff is very helpful and accommodating, suggesting restaurants, booking taxis, solving issues with a smile and a box of Belgian chocolates!
Excellent breakfast too!

• Stayed September 2013
Bedfordshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. The hotel is fantastically placed two minute walk from the centre. On arrival the front desk but after our bags while we went into the town. We stayed on the third floor room was very comfy toilet and bathroom large and well kept. Swimming Pool was slightly cold but was perfectly fine, gym had lots of equipment and the sauna have to give 30 minutes notice to use it. The breakfast was excellent hot and cold selections. The hotel is in a quiet area only has 90 rooms I think and I would agree that it is a boutique style hotel,very quiet and I will certainly go back if I went to bruges again.

• Stayed September 2013
Aberystwyth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here with my Wife and 1 year old for a weekend and have to say I was very happy with it. The location is great; only a minute or so walk to the square, the rooms are spacious and clean and the staff friendly. We didn't eat here so can[t comment on the food, there was so much choice in Bruges that we didn't we didn't want to limit ourselves! Enjoyed using the swimming pool too. I would stay here again if I was to visit Bruges again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

A very comfortable place to stay, welcoming, and perfectly located for exploring Bruges. It has lot's of character with an attractive entrance. It was a real bonus to have the pool in the cellar. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Hotel Navarra is smack in the middle of medieval Bruges. I can’t imagine a much better location than this for wandering the rustic cobblestone walkways and canals. Check in was fast and easy. The staff was well trained, quick and spoke near native level English. Good thing as I have no Flemish! A bunch of us showed up at once so they were under pressure and a little grumpy.

The Hotel Navarra is nicely appointed and decorated, both rooms and common areas. My room was clean, attractive, comfy and had a relaxing view of the courtyard. Nice big windows that actually opened and let in fresh air. Unlike American hotels, European hotel owners aren’t worried about people jumping out! By American standards it was a small room but, after staying in many Southern Europe hotels, this room seemed darn right huge!

Just off the lobby was the “Jazzbar” which featured surprisingly good jazz during the afternoon and evening. Across the street was the “Revolution” bar and I must say I did my best to sample as many of the amazing Belgium beers as I could hold!

Of all the countries in Europe I visited, the churches and museums of Bruges had the most rules and staff chasing after you for almost nothing. One museum, the Groeninge Museum, was so afraid somebody might take a picture they made everybody lock their cameras in a big locker! My days in Bruges taught me that hotel, restaurant and museum workers were not afraid to set you straight if you complained, thought you were rushing them or broke some minor rule. Apparently this behavior is part of the culture. I saw a painting in Groeninge Museum depicting rule breakers skinned alive so they have a history of keeping mumblers and slackers in line!

I only spent two days in Bruges but enjoyed every minute of my stay, despite a few grumpy waiters and hotel workers! Hotel Navarra is a perfect base of operation and only a short walk to the Grand Market, Bell Tower, canals, ancient churches and several museums. And, yes, Bruges is an extremely photogenic place. Did I mention it’s photogenic? I took at least a thousand pictures. And, I’d go back in a heartbeat if I could and would definitely stay at Navarra.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Was hard to find anything negative to say. Location great very near Market Square.Staff were polite, helpful and knowledgeable of the area. Breakfast was excellent with so much choice there was something for everyone. Loved the jazz in the bar. Our room was quite a way from reception with several small flights of stairs so if anyone had a mobility issue I would check room location on booking. Room was a little smaller than hoped but was of a high standard which I think is much more important.
No hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Navarra? Share your experiences!