Finding Ibis was easy. Finding parking less so. We were confused by a sign that seemed to indicate the entrance to the parking was on the other side of the building, which it wasn't - it was on the main street where we had been originally, part of a communal car park. Which said "FULL" (one of the levels was closed for repairs as well, which didn't help). The two hotels there, Ibis and Novotel, share a public car park, and neither have reserved spaces only for hotel customers. Luckily, by the time I had come back from the reception asking about it, there were spaces available again.
Our room was down a few stairs (where there was a weird and unpleasant smell, but it didn't affect the room, thank goodness), and faced the road behind the hotel. There was little or no noise insulation from the windows, and when someone smoked nearby, you could smell it despite the window being closed.
We decided to have dinner at the hotel as it would save us getting out again (it had started raining as we were crossing the courtyard coming back to the hotel), and if the prices at nearby restaurants were so high anyway, the hotel restaurant seemed affordable in comparison. Booked a table for 7pm and it took a good long while before we could even order drinks. About 45 minutes had passed from our arrival until food arrived: Valencian paella, the dish of the day. Tasted okay but wasn't great by any means, and one plate seemed more watery than the others. Beer was nice, though.
Slept okay. It's a good, basic hotel, and it's right in the older part of town, so right in the middle of where all the tourist traps are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Brugge Centrum hotel is located in an ancient medieval building in the centre of Bruges, a few minutes from the railway station. Close to the hotel, you can visit the Tour Belfry, Notre Dame church and the Lac d.Amour Minnewater. As well as the 128 rooms available for booking, it has a bar open 24/24 for snacks, public indoor pay parking and a restaurant offering regional specialities. Guests on a business trip have Wifi Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Ibis Brugge Centrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Brugge Centrum Hotel Bruges
- Ibis Hotel Bruges
- Ibis Hotel Brugge Centrum