“Away from tourist traps” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance
Good for: Romance
Rye, United Kingdom
“Away from tourist traps”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Limited menu but freshly cooked, friendly and good value for money in a non tourist environment. If you're looking for a restaurant with home cooking in a city bustling with restaurants it's well worth visiting. It's not a restaurant but you can eat, it's not a pub but you can drink

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Majorca, Spain
“Cute but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Nice atmosphere, good service, but the food wasn't good. The menu is extremely short - only about 7 or 8 dishes offered. We had pasta carbonara which was average, shrimp stuffed tomatoes - not very good, and the meat and cheese platters - average.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Not a restaurant but serves food, not a bar but serves drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

A small menu with a limited number of specials on the board but we fund the food good the prices reasonable and the welcome friendly. I would definitely recommend it for others to try

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“there is no accident there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

I went to this restaurant during my one-day visit to Brugge because I had heard of it and of the lady that owns/runs it. The moment I entered I knew that at least 7 of my friends, not just me, would come to this place 3 times a day, at least. The French "oldies but goldies" type of music, the atmosphere of coziness and familiar, and the impeccable service of the "lady of the house" helped in improving the experience of traveling to an amazing city.
I had the most amazing cannelloni with cheese and to top it up the famous choco-mousse that Belgians can whip up in no time. I had heard of it and was anxious to try it and I believe I chose the perfect place to do that.
I can only recommend this restaurant to all my fellow mates and friends and especially family, knowing that I myself have found the place where I will go for breakfast/lunch/dinner each time I go to Brugge because it is indeed, to quote the restaurant's motto:

"Het is geen restaurant en toch kan je er eten.(It is not a restaurant, yet you can eat there.)
Het is geen café en toch kan je er drinken.(It is not a cafe, yet you can drink there.)
Het is simpel, zoals thuis. (It is simple, just like home.)"

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, CA
“Fabulous restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stumbled upon this restaurant and were so happy to find it! The food was delicious and the prices were so great, especially compared to most of the restaurants in the area. They were very kid-friendly and my daughters loved their pasta. I had one of the most delicious pasta dishes I've ever had and my husband had prawns that were amazing. We would probably have eaten here the rest of our trip but they were sadly closed over the next two days and so we only got to have one dinner there.