“Ideal for one night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ibis Budget Brugge Centrum Station

You added Hotel Ibis Budget Brugge Centrum Station to your Saves list
Hotel Ibis Budget Brugge Centrum Station
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marie Popelinplantsoen 4, Bruges 8000, Belgium (Formerly Etap Hotel Brugge Centrum Station)   |
Ranked #55 of 101 Hotels in Bruges
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Ideal for one night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here for one night having booked a p & o mini cruise. Firstly if you are planning a mini cruise, I would recommend an overnight stay are there is so much to see in Bruges. The hotel is approx a ten minute walk to the town centre of Bruges, however if you are getting a p & o ferry, the coach drops you off almost outside the hotel from zebrugge. The hotel itself is immaculately clean, almost sterile. The staff were polite and helpful. The rooms are small, however the beds are comfy and there is a tv with uk channels. It was a bit strange to find the shower in the middle if the room, however it is well frosted if you are shy!! For the money the hotel is excellent value, the only negative comment is that due the close proximity to the main train station it can be a little noisy on ocassion.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winslow, null, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The shower was in the middle of the room. Friendly staff. I think we had a good stay. The water leaked out of the bottom of the shower door so it wasn't any help at all. It is very hard to find, you have to be very alert to find it. There was no need to check out, which was easy. The television had some English channels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Location is great, just 3mins walk away from Centrum station. We arrived in the morning from Paris and it was pleasant that we can check in immediately! Great for us to refresh before sightseeing. Room is clean and cosy, and as we are travelling as a couple, we do not have any issue with the open-concept shower. Our room was facing the train station, but we did not experience any noise level at all. Wifi level is good, not intermittent. There's also airconditioned that doubles as radiator I supposed, so it's great for summer stay as well. There's no room key/cad, they uses password or rather access code to enter the room.

There's really nothing to pick on this hotel! Super worth my 49euros a night! It's also one of the best hotels I stayed in Europe so far.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We arrived in Bruges by car. I had a GPS with 2012 Europe maps and I did not find information about the hotel or the address. We spent around one hour to find it asking several times.
Some friends of us had the same bad experience. More tips should be given to simplify this process.
The hotel is close to the Centrum Train Station and the parking is really cheap (Eur 3.5 for 24 hs).
The hotel looks new and modern. No luxuries but all was fine for a night. Just a curious comment about the design of the bathroom: shower and a sink outside, the toillet door had big gaps at top and bottom. This is not very practical for such a small room.
Although the hotel is not very close to Bruges center the walking distance is 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

On the whole the stay was good, however the hotel has lost a couple of stars due to problems with reception. I made a reservation with Booking.com for a family of five. Upon arrival following check in we went to our rooms to find we were allocated two double rooms. We went back to reception to resolve the problem. Now I'm not sure if the senior male receptionist was having a very bad day or had got out of bed the wrong side that morning, but he complained that firstly I had made the reservation with Booking.com and secondly I had booked two double rooms. A senior female staff member became involved insisting the mistake was mine as I had booked two double rooms. I then proceeded to show them the confirmation clearly showing I had booked one double and one triple room. I have to say I remained very calm during the whole situation which I'm sure would not have been the case with other people although I was extremely tempted to retaliate. Upon viewing the confirmation, I was really surprised to receive no apology whatsoever for their mistake! The male receptionist was obviously angry and huffed and puffed his way through finding the rooms I needed (which previously he said were not available) and having to alter his paperwork. I have travelled quite extensively and never experienced such behaviour. An apology from the staff member for the mistake would have gone a long way to not spoiling the the next couple of hours for me. What a shame about this because the hotel was actually very good value for money. I wasn't quite sure about the layout of the rooms with the sink in the middle, a glass indiscreet shower cubicle next to the bed, a toilet door with a gap at the top and bottom and no lock, and I feel there could have been better storage and larger hooks to properly hang up the towels (which were quite small and thin). However, my teenage children thought the rooms, lighting and colour changing shower head were really 'cool'. The rooms although small were clean, warm, the beds were comfortable and I'm sure, as with us, most people do not spend much time in a hotel room whilst away and so as previously mentioned it was very good value for money - just a real shame about the attitude of the two staff members (although I have to say all other receptionists we dealt with at the hotel were absolutely fine).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oxfordshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel is easily placed behind the station car park. Go out of the back of the car park (Euro3.20 /24h) and up one level.

The staff were very friendly whilst the compact room was a bit weird. The mostly frosted-glass shower cubicle is in the bedroom, along with the basin. Both are well-positioned for watching the TV. Only the small lavatory is walled off yet this doesn't have a lock on the door, so don't lean forward! The 'wardrobe' is three hangers on a rail by the bed. Feels a bit like living in one of those compact demo homes in Ikea .

I'm sure its fine for a single traveller - otherwise make sure you are very friendly!

However, we did sleep well and it is well positioned for getting there by car or train.

If you use the station car park, then showing the car park ticket gets a free return trip on any bus saying 'Centrum' at the front of the station to the centre. However, Bruges is very small so by the time you have walked from the hotel and waited for a bus, it's as quick to walk.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook the station and sidings.