“Nice food, good value for money, service could be better” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food, good value for money, service could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stopped for lunch here and after a long wait to be given our menus and have our drinks order taken placed our food order which arrived very quickly. I had the Flemish beef stew which come with frites and salad and my wife had the Croque Monsieur and frites. Food was nice and reasonably priced but I felt the service could've been better and the restaurant lacked abit of ambience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Pretoria, South Africa
“Rather give this one a definite miss!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We were in Bruges during June 2014 and revisited restaurants my wife and daughter also visited during their previous 2006 vacation. What a disappointment as this was our first restaurant experience during our visit! The service was prompt but without any warmth and friendliness. The food was bland and below average and definitely not a good advertisement to local cuisine. We also had to witness an incident with 2 Japanese guests who unknowingly took pictures of their food in the restaurant. They were told in no uncertain terms that this is not allowed at all! I believe any business can have a policy/opinion on taking photographs inside their shop or premises - but the way in which this specific incident was handled left a very unpleasant taste in my mouth as a guest who overheard the incident. Not a place I will visit again and will not recommend the restaurant to any other guest.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Average fair.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Situated a few streets from the main square means that this restaurant is a little cheaper than some of the other restaurants in town. Service was OK (as I was the only customer). Food was perfectly acceptable and served quite quickly.

Visited June 2014
Burnaby, Canada
“An enjoying and relaxing spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

After so many discoveries in Bruges do you want a cozy spot where you can enjoy a drink, or lunch, or a wonderful desert? The answer is try Matinee. Close to the center is a wonderful place where I've enjoyed lunch with some specific Belgium food.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Russia
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My friend and I had a lunch at this restaurant. Wine was awful - we took white "local" one... very sour. My friend had mussels in curry souce, though they had only been cooking in it, were served without any souce ((... My Scampi curry was vice versa - had enough souce ))
Service wasnt prompt, but more or less friendly.

Would advise you to walk a bit further down the street....

• Visited April 2014