“Great local food, lovely warm ambience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Spotslyvania VA
“Great local food, lovely warm ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just up the street from our hotel, this little gem was recommended by the reception clerk. Warm and friendly people own it, made great recommendations and served us delicious local specialties. I loved the rich vissoeppe, fish soup.

Visited January 2013

London, England
“Great casual restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Based on the good reviews, we went here (it did hurt that it was across the road from our hotel). We weren’t disappointed. My girlfriend and I shared traditional shrimp and cheese croquettes, which were excellent. She then had cod in a mustard sauce, which was one of the nicest pieces of fish I have seen and she really enjoyed. I had a steak with pepper sauce, which was very tasty. Overall great food and service, and very reasonably priced. Bruges makes you realise how expensive London is.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waddesdon, United Kingdom
“Good home cooked food & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews and was glad we did!
It is a lovely, homely, traditional restaurant run by a really nice and friendly husband and wife team. They were extremely welcoming. It felt a little like going home!
The decor is old fashioned and it feels very warm and inviting. The lighting is nice, not too bright and the wooden bar and tables add to the ambience.
We started with Cheese croquettes which were surprisingly light and fluffy and my wife had the smoked salmon which was very nice. Main course I had the Sole which was a very generous 3 pieces and my wife had warm goats cheese salad which she said tasted very fresh and the cheese was nicely melted. My sole was delicious.
Really great atmosphere, I would recommend reserving a table as they were full when we went. She also said that they were closed Tuesday and Wednesday so worth checking.
If you are looking for nice food and atmosphere with no frills but very authentic, then go here and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashton, Iowa USA
“My Favorite Restaurant in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been returning year after year to this particular restaurant for over 10 years (We will see you back in May 2013) :-) The cozy restaurant is ran by an awesome couple and as far as I can see, they do it all themselves. Providing great service,exceptional food- on our annual vacation to Belgium this is ALWAYS a must!!!! I highly recommend the Deligence. l have been here with children as well ---very accommodating.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Warwickshire England
“Delightful Dinner at Diligence, Bistro Style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Friendly owners, efficient service, excellent food, good value.
Optional choice of two set menus (20 or 30Euros). Lots of fish choices. Highly recommend fish shop and delicious goats cheese salad starters. Generous portions.
We had two courses each and a bottle of house wine for 80Euros.

Visited December 2012