“Golden Monkey” 4 of 5 stars

Manchester England
“Golden Monkey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Ambience was excellent.
We were cold and wet but they found seven seats together for out party. The food was enjoyed by everyone. My vegetarian lasagne was adequate.

Visited November 2012

29% Recommend
Bucharest, Romania
“Waste of time and money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The one thing that i really liked was the interior. But the service was extremely slow (it took about 40-50 minutes to bring the food). The food isn't that tasty and the prices are kind of high for most things (for example the pasta are between 7-11, grilled chicken was 15).

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Roscommon
“Expensive yet tasteless food served by a bad humoured waiter.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Ate here this evening unfortunately. We were served by a surly little waiter who it appeared really wanted to be somewhere else.

I had chicken tagliatelle - the chicken was grizzly and the sauce was tasteless. My wife had a tasteless steak and the kids had child sized toasted sandwiches at €7 EACH.

I realise that they're probably not targetting families but they could try to have something appropriate for children to drink from - giving a slim jim glass to a three year old is just stupid.

Even though the food was bad it was the attitude of the waiter that really annoyed me. Two young guys and two girls sat at the table next to us. They were out for the evening and were in an exhuberant mood but Tom the Gom wasn't having it. Even when our three year old tried to tell him how he had bought a new Fireman Sam Engine today he just blanked him. I wouldn't mind if the place was busy but there were only 12 people in it including the four of us, all the time we were there. When a guy across the way asked him to take away his plate he told him how to wait tables. i dont know how the fourth table got on but they left after the starter.

If I had to make a positive comment about this restaurant I would say that the waiter did not encourage me to tip and that was lucky because I don't think I would have kept a civil tongue if he had.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, United Kingdom
“A truly horrible experience!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Tip Dont be fooled by the 'classic' interior. New Years eve meal ordered a starter then had to remind the waitress an hour later we had not had the main meal. She was very apoligetic and seemed annoyed at the kitchen staff. Well although we were enjoying our chat the main meal arrived....well 3 out of the 4 meals I had a Tuna salad my friend had a mixed grill his wife a chicken dinner which was warm on the outside and cold in the middle. My Wife had Lamb chops which was so raw we asked for it to be changed, the response was this how we serve it??? 10 mins later another lamb meal that was overcooked the knife could not cut it. That was it we were abused to the point of being asked to leave?? All because we said we wouldn't pay for the lamb meal. The slim female head waitress was extremely rude and pushed and insulted all of us! Thank God before and after this 'meal' was excellant...she was NOT an ambassador of Brugges!

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London
“it's alright!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

feel I need post a more positive review than the others I've seen, we stopped in for omelettes, frites & beer and that's what we got - maybe not the greatest I've ever had, and not the cheapest, but absolutely fine, really. service was friendly & quick, food was well cooked & tasty, Jupiler beer was ice cold. the main attraction was the decor inside, a very charming, historic wooden interior. an alright place, we were more than happy to have visited.

• Visited December 2011