“The Best Italian - The Proschuitto/Melone is better than Romes” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Green Bay
“The Best Italian - The Proschuitto/Melone is better than Romes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

We just came back from a week in Belgium, using as our home base. Nicola at Ascoli's was so much fun we ate there 5 out of 6 nights. Evenly leaving Brussels early by train to get there for their Proschuitto.
I ate the same thing every night, (The proschuitto and melone) while my wife had a different entree all the time. The ossobucco was the best.
What a great place, great service and all out fun. They make you feel really really special.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Belgium
“One of my favorites in Leuven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

I highly recommend this one! The service tends to be a bit slower when the place is full, but that's to be expected. The decor is so pretty! I definitely recommend for couples who are looking for a romantic setting (although it's also suitable for friends and co-worders). There's also one (or maybe 2, I'm not sure) big round tables for larger groups; but I'm thinking it would be best to reserve in advance if you need one of those.

The only negative point I can think of is that tables can be a little close to each other, depending on where you're seated. But I didn't find this to be too annoying actually.

The food is sooooo good!! I haven't tried everything yet, but the different pasta I've tried so far has been really tasty!

The tables are nicely dressed with a little lamp and small flowers. It's always nice and warm inside. Just all around lovely.

The price is great! You won't be spending a fortune here, and since the food is so good, you're definitely getting a good deal.

If you're hesitating between different restaurants in the area; I'd say this one would be on top of my list.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere